Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've downloaded the Customized Civ Boards from the BGG Link Section.

During play, we've noticed that it (the board) has us Resolving Calamities BEFORE buying Civ Cards.

In checking the rules we see that it's contradicted...Buy Civ Cards THEN Resolve Calamities.
Which is correct?

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Stein
United States
Oakdale
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I dont have the rules in front of me, and it's been some years since my last play of Civilization.

The rules I remember purchased civilization cards, and then resolved calamities. This gives the fortunate recipient a chance to mitigate the efect of calamities, 'specially the nasty traded ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Madsen
Sweden
Bandhagen
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The events in question are switched around when playing Advanced Civilization. Probably that's what the card author is playing.

/kgm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will DeMorris
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Classic Civ = Buy Civ Cards then Resolve Calamaties

Advanced Civ = Resolve Calamaties then buy Civ Cards

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are my player mats. Apparently I did get them backwards as they are for classic Civ. I'll correct them and re-upload the set.

Sorry about that but hope you find them handy all the same - I prefer having enough info in front of me to both not have to dive into the rules and to prompt play to keep the pace up.

-Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.