Subject: Scenario Components Help Needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there any kind of a resource that tells you what scenario tokens and punch-outs come with each unit? For the longest time I've stored all of those together, but yesterday I found the PERFECT storage solution. Now I've gone through and tried to sort my big box o' tokens, but in many cases I'm not 100% certain what came with what. Some are pretty obvious (campfire tokens for Umberlis, o hai). Others, like the "Adventure" and "Objective" tokens not so much, especially objective tokens 10, 11, and 12.

Anyone know if every token referred to in the Scenario was included with the unit? Or where some of this info might be available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Don't know of any existing resource but I think it's something that could be usefull and I guess it's something that could be incorporared into the DnD wiki I created a while back but havent had time to fill with as much content as I would have liked.... :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of moving to Ziplocs and Sharpies for mine. We're currently storing them in one of our Plano boxes, but as soon as we acquire another troop, we're going to need that space for figure storage. Having a spreadsheet of what comes with which booster would be a big help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your numbered Objective Tokens all the way up to twelve were in the starter, as were the straight-up Adventure Tokens.

If you've kept your Campaign Adventure booklets, the Set Up sections therein list other tokens that came with those expansions (by way of saying that they're needed for the adventure).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that the pieces are not labeled. So it's not readily apparent which wall is a Keep wall, and which is a Ancient Fortress wall. As you get more expansions with similar pieces, it's going to harder to tell them apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Manuel ODonnell wrote:
Your numbered Objective Tokens all the way up to twelve were in the starter, as were the straight-up Adventure Tokens.

If you've kept your Campaign Adventure booklets, the Set Up sections therein list other tokens that came with those expansions (by way of saying that they're needed for the adventure).

Thanks, Manny! I believe the Lord Max scenario asks for Adventure tokens... does that mean that he didn't come with any, and you were expected to use the ones in the Starter? OR does it mean he came with some as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If an adventure used Adventure or Objective Tokens that happened to be included in the starter set, then they weren't included in the expansion. Max didn't come with any of those; just the ruined towers and walls.

Edited to add: and, by the way, I would love to read about your storage solution for these extra tokens, especially the oversized or odd-shaped ones. I keep looking at my storage container, shaking my head, and saying to myself, "Maybe I didn't really think this through." shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's your "PERFECT" storage solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I found these quite by chance at a visit to Staples today, and I've been geeking out over them ever since. They're called Really Useful Boxes, that's the brand name. Here they are in action:

I bought two different sizes of holder trays, and three different sizes of box to go in them. They fit beautifully. I use the smallest ones for lots of my 'extra' tokens, since I'm already full up on my Plano storage case for all my playable stuff.

The medium ones are great because they can hold the scenario card on top, making it super-easy to find a particular scenario.

Here's the larger tote. The Exhaustion tokens are in one of the small (.14l) boxes. These larger ones will hold most of the large scenario pieces the smaller boxes won't. Those things too large to easily be contained can go on the end or- in the case of the spire chain- rest on top before I put the lid on and seal it up. They're perfect also for holding OP scenario components- I'm preserving five of each OP scenario for later use in the storage here.

Here's a closer look at the larger containers. THey make many larger still than these, but this seems perfect for this use.

My one frustration? I bought Staples out of them, need more, and curiously enough I can't seem to find 'Smoke' colored ones anywhere online in the US. And of course, they all have to be the same color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post the sizes you are using for different purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Really Useful Boxes, too, but Staples is one of the most expensive places to buy them - at least, it is over here in Britain. I put my tokens in a cheap equivalent of a Plano box, and other stuff in a variety of Really Useful Boxes, which also produce inserts which are good for a number of their boxes. They make 3 different large, deep inserts for their 35 litre box, good for individual small-based models or troops, and the tray insert will even take the range ruler and size 6 movement stick. There are two other heights of boxes which nestle onto the 35L - 11L and 21L, I think. I keep all the large models in a 21L with a tray on top for the movement dials, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lange

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
JayKirkman wrote:
Is there any kind of a resource that tells you what scenario tokens and punch-outs come with each unit? For the longest time I've stored all of those together, but yesterday I found the PERFECT storage solution. Now I've gone through and tried to sort my big box o' tokens, but in many cases I'm not 100% certain what came with what. Some are pretty obvious (campfire tokens for Umberlis, o hai). Others, like the "Adventure" and "Objective" tokens not so much, especially objective tokens 10, 11, and 12.

Anyone know if every token referred to in the Scenario was included with the unit? Or where some of this info might be available?

I don't know of any resource, but I've been keeping each adventure's components in their own separate baggie. I snagged some pictures this evening. Hopefully these help you out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You, sir, are my hero. Have some gold. Thank you SO much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lange

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
JayKirkman wrote:
You, sir, are my hero. Have some gold. Thank you SO much!

You're Welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingbobb wrote:
The problem is that the pieces are not labeled. So it's not readily apparent which wall is a Keep wall, and which is a Ancient Fortress wall. As you get more expansions with similar pieces, it's going to harder to tell them apart.

For these components, at least the Ancient Fortress appears whiter and crumbling, and the Keep appears intact and each piece has a small stat block on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
northernwind wrote:
JayKirkman wrote:

I don't know of any resource, but I've been keeping each adventure's components in their own separate baggie. I snagged some pictures this evening. Hopefully these help you out!

Can I steal those images, or rather parts, of those images, for my wiki?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lange

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
mirandir wrote:
northernwind wrote:
JayKirkman wrote:

Can I steal those images, or rather parts, of those images, for my wiki?

Go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have pictures of scenario 4-6 components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.