Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David O
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
mb
I'm wondering if the following interaction is possible.

Corp is playing Argus Security. A Dedicated Response Team is in a remote server, unrezzed.

1. Runner runs and accesses a server
2. Runner steals an agenda, triggering Argus
3. Runner decides to take a tag
4. Corp rezzes DRT
5. Run ends, doing 2 meat damage to Runner via DRT

It seems as if the agenda stealing and Argus ability triggers at 4.5, and the run doesn't end until after that. Does that sequence work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're talking about steps in the timing diagram already, which step of the run is your step #4 above?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's a window to rez DRT between the agenda being accessed and the run ending. If that's true, DRT won't fire that run, but any future successful runs will trigger 4 meat damage or 2 meat damage + tag until DRT is trashed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, DRT has to be rezzed already, there is no window to rez them after the runner accesses the agenda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, ok. Thank you.

I guess I could rez DRT earlier in the run in order to force the runner to take 2 meat damage, right (either take a tag and have DRT trigger or take 2 meat damage from the Argus ID)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That you can, and it can be after they decide to continue to access, (4.3) so it's not as obvious. It just can't be after they score the agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at that point you're just putting the Runner in a decision. "Well gosh. I can either take 2 Meat Damage, or two Meat Damage AND a tag. Gee, let me think about that."

I'm sure that interaction is intentional, to create a "heads I win tails you lose situation," but it's not necessarily fatal. I don't really see Order & Chaos really adding much to Weyland's ability to kill the runner outright, but more of a Jinteki style work compression gauntlet of sub-lethal damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
mb
Would that timing work with Snare?

Ex: Runner is about to access a Snare in a remote server. Can I confirm that they're going to access the card, then rez DRT, have them receive the tag from Snare AND take meat damage from DRT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can.

Runner chooses if they wish to continue at 4.2

You can choose to rez at 4.3, since you know there is a snare in that server.

Runner takes a tag with snare

At the end of the successful run, DRT does it's damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure you do the math right and can afford to pay for Snare! as well as the DRT's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaxCecilia wrote:
Just make sure you do the math right and can afford to pay for Snare! as well as the DRT's.
no johns, i had a dream about this last night lol.

i rezzed a whole bunch of DRTs and then didn't leave 4c for the Snare! and was so gutted. it was quite silly that i not only did that, but that i didn't actually do it, i just dreamed that i did. and now i'm sharing it all now. good times. these store champs coming up must have me a bit nervous

i feel like tonight i'll dream about saving up enough money for 3x DRT and Snare! but missing the rezz window for my DRTs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.