Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
I have one page from the Fief 2011 that shows the same lords as the 18 in the game today and lists descriptions of their wardrobe and their era, etc.

It is page 19 in the Fief 2011 rules and I have it by itself here on my pc.

If anyone would be willing to edit the 1 doc or 1 pdf page of it, I will email it to you for translation. Hopefully, you can translate it, post it back here with permission of the publisher and hopefully it can even be added to the next version or current version of the rules!!

Please geekmail me if you think you can do this.

picture of a portion of said page.
-Douglas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
An online version of this rules exist :
http://www.asyncron.fr/FIEF/Regles_FIEF_v1-1-4_Web.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. that's in French too and it has that page in question too in case anyone wants to translate it without getting any 1 page emails first. thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will admit that I am curious about the description of the Lord who wears a bikini top over his armor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
see : http://www.plessisarmouries.co.uk/gallery/breast/burgundian/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another important note about Henri: he's not armless, he has his arm inside the shirt to keep them warm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Slama
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no expert in medieval fashion, or even fashion, but I can do it. If there are mistakes please chime in. Here it is for everyone:

Eleanor
Mid-Twelfth Century “bliaud”. Worn by noblewomen, these colorful dresses made of fine cloth, often of imported Eastern silk, show the influence of the Crusades.

Mireille
Thirteenth Century “cotte” (coat). The "bliaud" fashion was followed by this simpler and closer fitting dress. It is cut in fabrics of varying quality depending on social class.

Guinevere
Fourteenth Century, opened “surcot” (overcoat) worn on a coat. Women of the nobility enhanced the silk or wool overcoat with many jewels and it was often lined with fur. The headdress is a horned “escoffion”.

Isabelle
Tassel dress of the second half of the Fifteenth Century. This type of dress was worn at the court. The tassel is the triangle piece of cloth that hides the chest. She wears a headdress called "conical attires" incorrectly called "hénin."

Jeanne
“Cotte” of the late Fifteenth Century. Embellished with detachable sleeves with brocaded silk, this dress is fitted with a removable veil covering the chest. Worn by nobility and the bourgeoisie. A draped cloth turban is worn on the head.

Blanche
“Houppelande” worn from the end of the Fourteenth Century to the early years of the Fifteenth Century. These dresses with wide sleeves were worn by noblewomen or the rich bourgeoisie. She's also wearing a headdress called a "split loaf".

Beaudoin
Norman knight of the end of the Eleventh Century. He wears a short sleeved chain mail showing his padded undershirt, the “gambison”. To protect himself he carries an almond shaped shield with a painted allegorical motif. He wears a conical helmet with nose-guard and the streamers at the back of the head indicate he is a lord. This type of armor was exclusive to nobility during that period.

Quentin
Armor of the second half of the Twelfth Century. This knight is what was called "iron-clad". He wears the full length chain mail, the “haubert”, over a padded undershirt, the "gambison", and a large shield called an "écu".

Eric
Knight of the first quarter of the Thirteenth Century with a full-face helmet. On his padded undershirt, he wears an “haubert”, the full length chain mail. On top he wears a simple coat, this garment protected the chain mail from the heat of the sun during the Crusades.

Philippe
Knight of the mid-Thirteenth Century, he wears his “haubert” chain mail beneath a shirt bearing his coat of arms. The chain mail hood down on his shoulder reveals a neck chain mail that provides further protection. He wears long hair, a sign of nobility.

Charles
Knight of the middle of the Thirteenth century. Around this time, coat of arms began to be emblazoned. The helmet now covers the whole head. The coat can be "armored" that is to say, it was fitted with metal plates.

Lambert
Knight of the very first years of the Fourteenth Century. The first metal plate reinforced chain mail (at the elbows, shins, feet and sometimes shoulders) begin to appear. The knight's coat of arms is on the shield, the shirt and the shoulder fins.

Henri
Nobleman of the mid-Fifteenth Century. He sports a jacket, a “pourpoint” of brocaded silk with split sleeves and trimmed with fur, revealing the doublet he wears underneath.

Gauvin
Plate Armor of middle of the Fourteenth Century. Wearing a "bretèche” helmet (with draping chain mail), his torso is protected by a padded emblazoned coat. The arms and legs are now covered with articulated plates. His shield, or "écu", bears his coat of arms.

François
Fifteenth Century civilian clothes. The doublet is the apparel of the nobleman by excellence. Made of wool, silk or velvet, the fabric is often brocaded with motifs. Its length varies during the Fifteenth Century.

Othon
"Gothic" or "Burgundian" armor of the second half of the Fifteenth Century. The very streamlined “cabbage-leaf” helmet gave good protection from frontal attacks. The extremely high cost of these armors explains why they were only worn by the nobility.

Arthur
Knight of the late Fourteenth Century. His padded doublet was in fashion at the court of France.

Thierry
Armor of the late Fourteenth Century, typical of the Hundred Years War. The chest is protected by an emblazoned coat often lined with steel bands. That was worn on a chain mail, which was itself worn over a “gambison” padded with linen or hemp. The head is protected by a faceplate helmet called a "sparrow's beak".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if someone could overrite the french descriptions with your beautiful translation in the pdf! I think SODA (the program) would let you do that.
Then it could be uploaded to the files section and hopefully added to the next rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Slama
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll wait until at least a few readers check it for mistakes.

It was funny writting this out, I felt like a announcer calling models on a medieval catwalk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bagio99 wrote:

It was funny writting this out, I felt like a announcer calling models on a medieval catwalk

HAHAHA. Next down the runway is Charles of Lyon! Charles prefers Dior Armour when he's stuck between a Saracen and a hard place! lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shafer
United States
Hedgies Hang
flag msg tools
designer
"It is a pity we so often succeed in our endeavors to deceive each other." -Empress Irene
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
bagio99 wrote:

HAHAHA. Next down the runway is Charles of Lyon! Charles prefers Dior Armour when he's stuck between a Saracen and a hard place! lol.

So.... French...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
There is also the description of "D'Arc" on the next page:

d’Arc porte une armure complète dite “harnois blanc” du premier tiers du XVème siècle. Sous son casque, elle porte un cale qui peut être rembourré.

D'Arc wears a full armour called "harnois blanc" (white armour), of the first third of the fifteenth century. Under her helmet, she wears a cap which can be padded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Slama
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some facts: The "harnois blanc" was a full body plate armor with fewer parts - it actually really was the armour Jeanne D'Arc (Joan of Arc) wore. Amazingly, it was historically easier to wear (and get up when fallen) than the haubert chain mail because of the weight distibution.

I can add this in the final translation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bagio99 wrote:
Some facts: The "harnois blanc" was a full body plate armor with fewer parts - it actually really was the armour Jeanne D'Arc (Joan of Arc) wore. Amazingly, it was historically easier to wear (and get up when fallen) than the haubert chain mail because of the weight distibution.

I can add this in the final translation?

Please do! I think you've got it all right and good to go! Do you have room to add the d'Arc picture and translation to the mini pdf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.