Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday March 7th 2pm - 7pm.

Note, the entrance is the same one we have been using.

9605 Old Annapolis Road
Ellicott City MD 21042

Location has been moved back downstairs. (The other group using the building cancelled.) Just drive around back and enter the building near the basketball rim.

I will open this up to the teens of the church, so they will be there playing various party games. My son and daughter are also coming. Welcome for anyone to come though!!

I will provide pizza, chips and soda.

Happy to do anything I can to help others game!!

This is our 4th event.

Bring whatever you want to play, and we will have a great time!!

As a small aside - the church bookstore has an account for games from various distributors. We don't hold a stock, but if you want something, we will provide it at cost. Usually around 40-45% off of retail. We will not make a dime off of you... just put families together and let them play some games. Contact me through GM if you want me to check on prices.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Family Friendly Gaming in Howard County (March 7)
note you should put "Maryland" somewhere in the thread's subject.... I wouldn't assume Maryland is the only State in the vast Northeast that has a Howard county
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
note you should put "Maryland" somewhere in the thread's subject.... I wouldn't assume Maryland is the only State in the vast Northeast that has a Howard county

i looked it up and there is only one howard county in what BGG considers the northeast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_County

Howard County is the name of seven counties in the United States of America:

Howard County, Arkansas, named for James H. Howard, Arkansas state senator
Howard County, Indiana, named for Tilghman Ashurst Howard, U.S. Representative from Indiana
Howard County, Iowa, named for Tilghman Ashurst Howard, U.S. Representative from Indiana
Howard County, Maryland, named for John Eager Howard, fifth Governor of Maryland
Howard County, Missouri, named after Benjamin Howard, governor of the Missouri Territory
Howard County, Nebraska, named for Oliver Otis Howard, American Civil War general
Howard County, Texas, named for Volney Eskine Howard, U.S. Representative from Texas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this.

Location has been moved back downstairs. (The other group using the building cancelled.) Just drive around back and enter the building near the basketball rim.

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
29 people this week. This one was mostly people from the church.

We had 9 adults, 12 teens, and 8 preteens.

The games that I remember being played:
Scoville - Jim won
Power Grid Deluxe - Jim won
Splendor - Tracy won
The game of 49 - Doug won
A 3M game about pushing your luck... forget the name. Roll dice, move up a board to close out numbers... I did not play it, but saw others playing it. Sydney won
Mafia -
2 Rooms and a Boom
We ran a Jungle Speed Tournament. Deborah and AnnaGrace won.
Trouble
Concept - This game got a TON of play.
Apples to Apples - Jr Edition

And the teens and pre teens played some basketball and volleyball outside! Lots of fun!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you still meeting weekly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - missed this question.

No, we have not met since it is sunny. Basically, when it is nice, we set up an activity outside. When it is not, we set it up inside. Theory of strong mind AND body. Board games and athletics can co-exist...

But I am going to get with GCOM and figure out what would be best in the summer. Saturdays are pretty much gone since the kids are out of school, but I have a ton more options. Whatever you want, I can probably do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.