Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Longstreet
United States
Mayfield Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a pretty good sense for how the game plays overall. The only thing I'm stuck on is placing and repeating an action.

First, as I understand you MUST place an action tile during each cycle.

So can I repeat that action immediately, of course paying the admin fee and 2 dollar extra charge? Can I repeat that action more than once? Say take the machinery action 2 or 3 times (or more)

Second if I can repeat more than once (paying all applicable fees) could I theoretically play every action I have played again or multiple times on the same cycle? Example, I place a distribution tile and take the action then repeat a machinery, quality and worker action which I have played earlier in the game?(paying all admin and additional charges).

I know this isn't optimal, I just want to understand what you are capable of doing while taking actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Salamon
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
When did this overtext thing happen? Am I supposed to think of something clever to put here?
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Each player is required to pay for ONE action each cycle. They can only perform ONE action each cycle.

You either:
- play an action tile on an empty space
or
- pay to reuse a tile that you played on a previous cycle

Whether you perform the action does not matter, but you must pay to play or activate a tile each cycle. And you can only do the action once in the cycle.

The action might affect more than one factory. But that isn't performing the action multiple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every turn is comprised of four cycles. Over the course of a turn, each player will play a minimum of one and maximum of four action tiles, one per cycle. If, instead of playing a tile in an empty space, a player reactivates an existing tile, the player must pay $2 over the original cost. The cost is always required, but a player may choose to pay the cost but not activate the action. Every action comes with one of two types of bonuses: to either adjust pricing or to get a new tile (special action/ship/development tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. Recalling the misleading terminology where a "turn" is an entire decade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Longstreet
United States
Mayfield Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you I must have missed the "either or" part of taking an action or repeating an action. I think I have it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blueatheart wrote:
Every turn is comprised of four cycles. Over the course of a turn, each player will play a minimum of one and maximum of four action tiles, one per cycle.

Isn't that range two to four tiles in a turn?

Cycle 1: I play the machines action
Cycle 2: I pay $2 to repeat the machines action
Cycle 3: I play the workers action
Cycle 4: I pay $2 to replay the workers action

A related question: since you can't "replay" an action more than once, how do you keep track of which ones you've replayed? Is any kind of marker put on the $2 action space? I've just been turning a replayed tile upside down while leaving it on the space where it was originally played. In a 4-player game, I could easily see how someone might forget which tiles he has replayed and which ones he hasn't...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DSHStratRat2 wrote:
blueatheart wrote:
Every turn is comprised of four cycles. Over the course of a turn, each player will play a minimum of one and maximum of four action tiles, one per cycle.

Isn't that range two to four tiles in a turn?

Cycle 1: I play the machines action
Cycle 2: I pay $2 to repeat the machines action
Cycle 3: I play the workers action
Cycle 4: I pay $2 to replay the workers action

A related question: since you can't "replay" an action more than once, how do you keep track of which ones you've replayed? Is any kind of marker put on the $2 action space? I've just been turning a replayed tile upside down while leaving it on the space where it was originally played. In a 4-player game, I could easily see how someone might forget which tiles he has replayed and which ones he hasn't...

There is no rule stating that you can't replay an action more than once. Eric was right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:

There is no rule stating that you can't replay an action more than once. Eric was right.

My rule book(s) state in several places that "if a player wants to use an action marker a second time in the same game turn...."

Even the example given shows Marion paying to use her machinery action a second time in the same turn. Neither the rules nor the examples mention anything about being able to use an action tile more than twice in a turn.

I found no rule that mentioned that you could use an action tile a third or fourth time. Did I miss it somewhere among the game's three rule books that you can repeat an action as many times as you can pay for it? I've seen the designer say so here on this forum, but I still can't find it in the rules anywhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Meertens
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
You gotta hang on to the trip you're on
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DSHStratRat2 wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

My rule book(s) state in several places that "if a player wants to use an action marker a second time in the same game turn...."

That one is lost in translation. The original German rules state: "Möchte der Spieler einen Aktionsmarker ... ein weiteres Mal nutzen" which means "If a player wants to use an action marker again".

So you can use one action up to four times in a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eduart wrote:
DSHStratRat2 wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

That one is lost in translation. The original German rules state: "Möchte der Spieler einen Aktionsmarker ... ein weiteres Mal nutzen" which means "If a player wants to use an action marker again".

So you can use one action up to four times in a turn.

Thanks for clearing that up! For a while there, I thought I was seeing things in my rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.