Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asdrubael Vect
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a proud owner of Descent 1st edition and some of its expansions..my question is should i buy road to legend?is it easy to hit the table?i'm asking this cause i don't have a hardcore party right now..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For RtL you'll need an extremely dedicated party, willing to spend at least 40+ hours just to learn how to play an AC (Advanced Campaign).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
You need 2 to 3 extremely dedicated people (including you). Good player counts are 2 and 3 (and 5). 4 is IMHO no real permanent option, 2 and 3 by far the best.

Actually I found the 5 player experience to be worse for any 1vsMULTIPLAYER-SOLITARE game (Descent 1st, "Descent" 2nd, Star Wars Imperial Assault, Level 7 Omega Protocol).

1v1 would be 1 OL vs 1x4 heroes, 1v2 would be 1 OL vs 2x2 heroes. Much better, faster turns, more balanced (more eyes see more mistakes and more strategies)... you lack a 1 to 1 attachment to a character then, though.

If you can find it for a reasonable price and ALREADY got all the other stuff, GO FOR IT. It has a few issues but I have yet to find such an immersive DUNGEON CRAWL, ADVENTURE, RPGish board game.

If you have just one further player that you can meet up on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asdrubael Vect
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx for the responses guys!You are awesome!I think i'm gonna buy this even if i don't have much money left..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:

For RtL you'll need an extremely dedicated party, willing to spend at least 40+ hours just to learn how to play an AC (Advanced Campaign).

???????

It takes about 30 minutes to explain the difference between campaign and regular descent.

It takes about 40 hours to PLAY a full campaign depending on how slow your players are and how many detours they like to take(we love playing as many levels as possible- more stuff!!) And we always try to enter a large dungeon right before we hit the final one.. more stuff!! haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
For us it took a lot longer, especially when the heroes play slow and you have 4 of them and they are very good and then they win and that only happens after 600 CP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asdrubael1985 wrote:
Thanx for the responses guys!You are awesome!I think i'm gonna buy this even if i don't have much money left..

I think a reasonable price is somewhere around 50-80 USD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
ionas wrote:
Asdrubael1985 wrote:

I think a reasonable price is somewhere around 50-80 USD.

Heh. I remember when it just went out of print I was selling copies for $300. hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but reasonable is nothing beyond 100 usd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
It takes about 40 hours to PLAY a full campaign

It takes a LOT longer than that in my experience, unless the OL razes Tamalir in Copper. We needed 40+ hours to get an inkling how to play an AC properly. After that it really started being fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:
corkysru wrote:
It takes about 40 hours to PLAY a full campaign

It takes a LOT longer than that in my experience, unless the OL razes Tamalir in Copper. We needed 40+ hours to get an inkling how to play an AC properly. After that it really started being fun.

Learning to not lose is way different than learning to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.