Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sanctuary of all the Gods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Carpenter
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
In a two player game, when I own the temple in the same space as the sanctuary of all the gods when can I use the "sacrifice two units for a VP"?

Also, in the two player game, if I teleport to the sanctuary of all the gods and am I stuck in the space and the small green space beside it in that area of the map?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mb
On the two player map the temple that you can score VPs from by sacrificing men is absent from the game. The temple in the two and four player map scores you additional prayer points for sacrificing a man not VPs.

You are indeed stuck when you teleport to that island. You can move to the green space when you lose a battle, if you choose not to recall your troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gordon
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) There is a power tile that allows you to teleport from a monolith. If you have this power tile, you can teleport off the island.

2) The Sanctuary of All Gods is not a temple - it does not count towards the 'get a permanent VP if you control 2 temples' rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Carpenter
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
What is the benefit or what happens if I move into an opponent's city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron E.
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
This is fine!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you move into one of your opponent's city spaces, you gain all the benefits of any pyramid that is present in that space, and the opponent loses those benefits (temporary victory point for level 4, purchasing higher level power tiles). An opponent's city space is typically not held for more than a turn, as the opponent can recruit directly into that space if they wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Carpenter
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks, Aaron.

Last question... say I start the game with a level 2 red pyramid and a level 1 blue pyramid then later in the game I want to level up my white pyramid. Do I just pay one prayer point to add the pyramid to my empty city section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scholtanus
Netherlands
Beek (gem Montferland)
flag msg tools
Yes. As far as I can remember, that is correct. You could also spend 6 prayer points and immediately get a level 3 White Pyramid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
TheShadowsOfCamelot wrote:

Last question... say I start the game with a level 2 red pyramid and a level 1 blue pyramid then later in the game I want to level up my white pyramid. Do I just pay one prayer point to add the pyramid to my empty city section?

Yes i confirm
1 PP to put it in play at level 1
and you can pay more to reach a higher level
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gordon
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Also note that you can not teleport from a space inside an enemy city, or recruit into that space. Controlling another player's city space only gives you is the ability to buy power tiles at the level of the pyramid in the space you control, and a temporary VP if that pyramid is level 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
Turgid wrote:

Also note that you can not teleport from a space inside an enemy city

Unless there has been an update, this is not correct.

Rules Page 5
Quote:
C) Using teleportation by a pyramid:
A player can teleport a troop from a pyramid (of his territory or an opponent’s one) to an
obelisk space.

Comprehensive FAQ from all the threads to date.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/89841/comprehensive-f...
Quote:
Can I teleport from any pyramid or only from my own pyramids?
You can teleport from any pyramid, your own or a captured one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gordon
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake, thanks for the correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Carpenter
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help and look forward to playing the game more smoothly now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.