Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
And back at the other table, Ryan, Bonnie, Toby, Jo, Diane and I raced our cars on the Dutch Zandvoort racetrack (track #2 in Formula De).

Bonnie showed nerves of steel taking the corners just right, and leaving the rest of us in her dust.
She finished WAY ahead of everyone else. First place, no problem.

Ryan, who started with the pole position, ended up in 5th spot about a 1/3rd into the race. But then he recovered, passing most of those who had passed him, and finished a very respectable 2nd.

Toby, who insisted on tailgating and bumping into every other car in the race, never did sustain any real damage. Until the final turn, when he took it way too fast. He blew out all 4 of his tires and his brakes and crashed into the barrier, flipping end over end at 180mph. Fortunately, he used his ejection seat before it was too late, and saved himself from the horrors of his melting plastic car....

Jo finished 3rd. Three, three, three. Oh sorry, that was the game of Pit. More on that later.

Seeing how spectacularly Toby had crashed, I did exactly the same thing, having nothing to lose but my little plastic car. If I could have had about 25 tire points, I would have been fine. But I only had two left. It was very sad.

Diane, now playing the game all by herself, with everyone else either already finished or out of the race, insisted on rolling the dice to get herself across the finish line. So we let her. And she finished 4th.

Diane doesn’t know why I like Formula De (“all you do is roll the dice and move your car”). Well, true, there is a lot of luck. But it works for me in this game. I don’t mind it at all. I just enjoy the game, and the boards are very attractive and eyecatching. It’s just fun for me. Even when I crash.

Ratings:
Dan - 8
Toby - 8
Bonnie - 7
Jo - 6
Diane - 6
Ryan didn’t rate it because he had wandered over to the other table and was checking out Puerto Rico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.