7 Posts

Dune: The Dice Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions from a recent game... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Pilgrim

Leicester
msg tools
Having just built and played a few games of this, I must say that I'm very impressed at how the alliance function - that was usually so crucial to victory in the original Dune - has been brought to the fore here. The discussion (not to mention mistrust) between players is maximised by its frequent repetition; no more sitting around for hours waiting for a Nexus round, as in the original.

That aside, a question arose that so far has (as far as I can see) not been answered in the forums:

Let's say that on his turn the Bene Tleilax (BT) player opted to use Fremen dice symbols to recruit BT troops. Subsequently, but before the BT player had another turn, the BT player agrees to an alliance with another player. What symbols can the BT player use to recruit troops during this active player's Recruitment phase? Any symbol or must he use the same symbol (in this case Fremen) that he used on his last turn?

Also, if there were to be a 'second edition' of the board, I'd recommend including upon it the circumstances for which consent must be given for actions taken when in an alliance. On the whole, these are not easily recalled by a new player and have a significant impact on the game. Yet, they could be easily included on a corner of the board somewhere to obviate the need for checking the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tleilaxu could use any faction symbol, but each die may only be used once.

Eventually somebody will make a killer player aid that would solve all noob problems. Personally I feel the less that is on the board, the better. It keeps the thematic feel of a dessert desert planet.

-edit-
*F#&%ing auto correct...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
ChillusMaximus wrote:
dessert planet
The croissants, the sugar storms...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neilb4god wrote:
Let's say that on his turn the Bene Tleilax (BT) player opted to use Fremen dice symbols to recruit BT troops. Subsequently, but before the BT player had another turn, the BT player agrees to an alliance with another player. What symbols can the BT player use to recruit troops during this active player's Recruitment phase? Any symbol or must he use the same symbol (in this case Fremen) that he used on his last turn?

Personally I would go with using the faction symbol the currently active player used to ally with the Bene Tleilax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
ChillusMaximus wrote:
The Tleilaxu could use any faction symbol, but each die may only be used once.
Again, Æxx is totally correct.

On their turn, the Tleilaxu decide on one Faction symbol after rolling, which they use as theirs for this (=their own) turn only. On another player's turn, this player may pick one of the Faction symbols they rolled and offer the Tleilaxu an Alliance using this symbol. This may well be the active player's own Faction symbol, in which case the active player has to decide how many (at least one) dice they offer the Tleilaxu player for recruiting Troops. In this case as well, each die may only be used once.

(The reason the Tleilaxu have to decide on a certain one during their turn is to prevent them from just ignoring what they rolled completely and using all dice to recruit.)

ChillusMaximus wrote:
Eventually somebody will make a killer player aid that would solve all noob problems.
It's on my list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian G
United States
Menlo Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to ally with the smugglers or the bene tleilax as their symbols are not on the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Manyallaluk wrote:
Is it possible to ally with the smugglers or the bene tleilax as their symbols are not on the dice?

Yes.

You can use any symbol on the dice to ally with the Smugglers or the Tleilaxu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.