Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have the correct Aircraft Data Cards with the 'maneuver increments'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

"Correct"?
"Maneuver increments"?
Not sure what you mean. You wouldn't happen to be talking about the other Spitfire would you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules there are individual airplane specific altitude gains or losses for special maneuvers (e.g. 1/2 loop up or down). These are 'maneuver increments' that are distinct from normal climb/dive increments (100') and from maximum dive/climb altitude changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Ah yes, I was remembering the very visual altitude increments on the other Spitfire, and wondered if that's what you talking about.

IIRC, you have everything you need--except some well written rules.
If you have the charts such as are pictured on the game page, you're OK.
Unfortunately the term increment is used to mean both of the distances to which you're referring. This happens on page 6 (centre column), where the rules refer to the 100 foot increment in one paragraph and the climb/dive increment of the Spit in the next--which increment is erroneously identified as .7 rather than .8, at the 10 - 15 altitude band.
The error in the half-loop example (top of pg 6) is obvious when you see that the climb/dive increment is incorrectly given in the next column (as I mentioned above. The Spit's climb increment is clearly .8 at 14,900 feet.) Had the example correctly used the .8 increment, you could see how the dive/climb increments are the ones being talked about.

But definitely not very clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It was the 0.7/0.8 difference that had me assuming something was missing. (I was going to use the 0.8 etc values anyway.)

The problem is that in the example it states that 0.7 is the minimum climb. If 0.7 is a typo then 0.8 is the mandatory & maximum climb allowed so that the 'typo' is compounded with a text error. However, is it allowed to do the maneuver & do additional altitude changes if there are remaining MP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Yes. 6.5.4 does say at least one increment, but more if you wish.
Of course, there may be damage as a result of exceeding the max according to the last paragraph of 6.5.7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, you have saved this game from the 'defective' pile. I can believe the 'maneuver increment' data now. I was looking at the vertical 'maneuver increment' as a limit to climb in a turn; false, can climb until it reaches speed 0 (and stalls).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.