Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
I typically don't post builds.
Not because I'm secretive, but more because I don't spend much time with them, and anything that I'd come up with usually has already been done. I didn't search to see if this had been done already, so I'll apologize in advance if it has.
It does have me grinning a bit, though.

Here's the Nymmy and Vakka Show.

Vakka
Cold Breath
Legendary Resistance
Aerobat Amulet
False Life
Magic Missile
Total [74]

Nymmestra
Warhorse
Silver Staff
False Life
Disintegrate
Fireball
Magic Missile
Total [44]

I really like the amulet, but for those who don't I could see dropping it and maybe the MM on Vakka for the Tail Spike and another Arcane spell.
I'm not a big Nymmy fan, but using Vakka to boost Nymmy's spells kind of
intrigues me a little. I think she could be more than a little annoying here. I don't know that I'd play this in an OP, but it'll definitely hit the table in a practice session or two.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm....I have been toying with running a loaded up Nymm as well.....the problem is that when you start throwing a bunch of upgrades on her she gets very expensive and still only has 4 Hp. So I feel to make an expensive Nymm work you need to have at least 2 defensive spells on her. Personally Im going with False life and Mirror Image which basically doubles her HP. Also I like Lightning Bolt over Fireball because I like being able to reach out and touch some one at range 4. Here is what my version would look like:

Nymmestra
Warhorse
Silver Staff
Disintegrate
Lightning Bolt
False Life
Mirror Image
Cost: 45

This is a build im going to be practicing for the next 90pt OP in my area:

Nymmestra
Heroic Leadership
Silver Staff
Disintegrate
Lightning Bolt
Mirror Image
False Life

Silver Dragon
Cold Breath
Legendary Resistance
Cost: 44

89pts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
TheNextMikeIke wrote:
Hmm....I have been toying with running a loaded up Nymm as well.....the problem is that when you start throwing a bunch of upgrades on her she gets very expensive and still only has 4 Hp. So I feel to make an expensive Nymm work you need to have at least 2 defensive spells on her. Personally Im going with False life and Mirror Image which basically doubles her HP. Also I like Lightning Bolt over Fireball because I like being able to reach out and touch some one at range 4. Here is what my version would look like:

This is a build im going to be practicing for the next 90pt OP in my area:

Nymmestra
Heroic Leadership
Silver Staff
Disintegrate
Lightning Bolt
Mirror Image
False Life

Silver Dragon
Cold Breath
Legendary Resistance
Cost: 44

89pts

I think 90 points is a little harder to build to, but this looks pretty good also. I didn't use any of the red wizard's upgrades because I don't have one yet, or else I'd probably be using Lightning and MI over Fireball and FL.

It looks like you're going the other way, though, with Nymmy helping the silver as opposed to the other way around. I'll be curious to see how that works out. My thought with Vakka is that, theoretically, there shouldn't be much down time with any of Nymmy's spells. She should also be able to cast a few boosted spells, which could potentially cause some "serious problems." Assuming, that is, she can stay alive long enough to cast them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
underling wrote:
I didn't use any of the red wizard's upgrades because I don't have one yet, or else I'd probably be using Lightning and MI over Fireball and FL.

I was wondering when I read your build why you didn't seem to have any RW upgrades, that explains it! I'd also personally take the Staff of Power over Nymesstra's staff, and definitely look at Phantasmal Killer. Nice job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JayKirkman wrote:
I'd also personally take the Staff of Power over Nymesstra's staff

I see that you like to live dangerously. Suggestion is a nasty spell if you are holding the Staff of Blowing Up in Your Face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
...the Staff of Blowing Up in Your Face.

Isn't that coming out in wave 11?whistle

(When I saw the title of this thread, the 'Itchy and Scratchy' theme came into my head, and now it won't go away.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kirkman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
JayKirkman wrote:

I see that you like to live dangerously. Suggestion is a nasty spell if you are holding the Staff of Blowing Up in Your Face.

A good point, but worth the risk. I haven't had a list subitted for the meta project yet that ran Suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
JayKirkman wrote:
mlvanbie wrote:
JayKirkman wrote:

A good point, but worth the risk. I haven't had a list subitted for the meta project yet that ran Suggestion.

We haven't seen much of this type of stuff in our area yet either.
I think most builds are concentrating more on pure offense or defense as opposed to shenanigans. I suspect as the game goes on you'll start seeing a few builds featuring various types of "annoying mayhem."
That seems to be the way it went in Star Trek.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seriously considered Lord Max plus two creatures' worth of mayhem for OP3.

http://build.dndaw.com/link/ODAxOjgwNTowOjA6MCwxNzAyOjEyNToz...

I was brutalized by Control Weather, which put both my dragons on the same playing level, one of them in the way of a possible cone attack from the other. Three dragons and the Druid all died that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.