Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Village Inn» Forums » General

Subject: Found a place where you can still get the Tasty Minstrel/English version! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith L

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone looking to get the Tasty Minstrel/English version, I found a random board game store site from Canada that still has it in stock. I ordered one and got it in like a week or so. Was super happy to track this down. It's called Craving For a Game. Customs took the longest, but I also ordered it over President's Day and that added a little time.

http://www.cravingforagame.ca/products/Village_Inn_Expansion...

Now only if I could find Ladies of Troyes for not a million bucks, second-hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks for the tip! I have an order making its way to me as I type this.

Shipping was definitely higher than I like to pay, but I figure I get most of my games discounted and free of shipping costs, so I can overpay a bit for this one.

(Miniature Market is literally 5 minutes from my house, so with most games, I can just place an online order and then drive there the same day to pick it up. Very convenient.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks! Ordered this, Murder of Crows, and Ra: The Dice Game to try to make the shipping worthwhile. Crossing my fingers they're all still actually in stock. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I think this one is dead - I just received my order confirmation (thumbsup) and now it's showing as out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
DriverDown wrote:
I think this one is dead

We're like vultures. We tend to strip the body quickly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
My package arrived today. I think I ordered late last Saturday night, so it took right at a week to get to St. Louis. Hopefully anyone else who placed an order will receive their copy just as quickly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
30 bucks on amazon with shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
I think Amazon only has the German version of the expansion, though that is supposed to have English text as well.

I was willing to pay the extra to get the English version, but I'm admittedly weird that way. I'm sure all versions play just fine!

(And $30 including shipping is a really good price.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSB046 wrote:
I think Amazon only has the German version of the expansion, though that is supposed to have English text as well.

I was willing to pay the extra to get the English version, but I'm admittedly weird that way. I'm sure all versions play just fine!

(And $30 including shipping is a really good price.)

The offer I was referring to was only 3 copies of the TMG version at 25 each. Looks like they vanished pretty quickly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgentlenight wrote:
For anyone looking to get the Tasty Minstrel/English version, I found a random board game store site from Canada that still has it in stock. I ordered one and got it in like a week or so. Was super happy to track this down. It's called Craving For a Game. Customs took the longest, but I also ordered it over President's Day and that added a little time.

http://www.cravingforagame.ca/products/Village_Inn_Expansion...

Now only if I could find Ladies of Troyes for not a million bucks, second-hand.

Glad you dealt with Craving for a Game. Buck (the owner) is a super nice guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
wery67564 wrote:
The offer I was referring to was only 3 copies of the TMG version at 25 each. Looks like they vanished pretty quickly

Ahh, I gotcha. My bad. I never saw any TMG versions there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems they are out, any other leads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a copy from "Mega_Mega" on Amazon, and it shipped from Germany. I ordered it on 7/18, and it arrived on 7/27.

(edit)
Although it is the "German" version, the game components are multi-lingual and it comes with English rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.