Subject: Tri-Viper rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reckless Fable
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The seeds of a plan are forming. Need to shave off a point. Also not sure this is better than just 4x PS1 StarVipers.

101 points

Guri (39)
StarViper (30), Predator (3), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Advanced Sensors (3)

Black Sun Vigo (31)
StarViper (27), Flechette Torpedoes (2), Autothrusters (2)

Black Sun Vigo (31)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RecklessFable wrote:
The seeds of a plan are forming. Need to shave off a point. Also not sure this is better than just 4x PS1 StarVipers.

101 points

Guri (39)
StarViper (30), Predator (3), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Advanced Sensors (3)

Black Sun Vigo (31)

Black Sun Vigo (31)

My main issue with this list is how to deal with whisper. With the hard white 1, boost, and barrel roll they do have a lot of maneuverability. But your always going to move after and shoot on it cloaked when you actually get to shoot at it. The torpedoes might work to prevent the re-cloak but you've got to get the shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sieber
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Drop the Vigos down to enforcers, and throw a hot shot blaster on Guri for those out-of-arc shots. Should put you at 100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reckless Fable
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Flechettes are the anti-phantom tech. But honestly, the only Scum tech that would really work is Toril Mux, and then you have to build a different list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wallbank
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RecklessFable wrote:
The Flechettes are the anti-phantom tech. But honestly, the only Scum tech that would really work is Toril Mux, and then you have to build a different list.

Not really in this list though. The Phantom will have already fired and taken its cloak action before becoming stressed. Stress tokens don't mean anything to de-cloaking, so whilst slightly limiting it's moving next turn to green, you aren't doing anything much to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reckless Fable
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, yeah, I'd need a rebel captive... heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flechettes would work if both are fired in the same round. That could be... difficult
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reckless Fable
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly though, the Phantom meta is very much petering out. Last Store Tourney I was at there were zero Phantoms (only one Imperial, actually) in a field of 10. Phantoms vs. mass fire is fine for anti-Phantom tech. I'm more concerned about YT and IG dominance now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RecklessFable wrote:
Honestly though, the Phantom meta is very much petering out. Last Store Tourney I was at there were zero Phantoms (only one Imperial, actually) in a field of 10. Phantoms vs. mass fire is fine for anti-Phantom tech. I'm more concerned about YT and IG dominance now.

Last Store Championship I attended was won by a double Phantom list (and 3 out of 8 squads had Phantoms). And this weekend's tournament only had 1 Scum (out of 7 squads) with 1 double-Phantom showing up (but Chiraneau/Fel lists finishing 1st/2nd). So despite all the turrets, new shiny, etc, they aren't done quite yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won a Store Champ this weekend with a Tri-Viper list. They are fun as hell to fly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enies wrote:
I won a Store Champ this weekend with a Tri-Viper list. They are fun as hell to fly.

What was the squad and what did you face?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reckless Fable
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enies wrote:

We needs details, please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My squad was

------

Prince Xizor [Veteran Instincts, Virago, Autothrusters, Advanced Sensors] (38)

Guri [Predator, Autothrusters] (35)

Black Sun Enforcer [Autothrusters] (27)

------

First round i got a bye. Due to uneven numbers of players but one dropped after the first round

Round 2

I faced Dash (PTL,Outrider,HLC,Engine,Kyle) Corran (VI,RD2D,FCS)

This is a very good match up for this list. I have placed this fella two times before and both times have i won with ease. He plays this list very good one of the best Dash pilots i faced.

I focused on Corran and destroyed him in 3 turns then it was just a hunt for Dash.

Win 100-0 (2-0)

Round 3

I faced Soontir (PTL, Stealth Device, AT), 5x Obsidians

I played was the pilot of this build the night before the tournament and lost both times. Both times Guri got PS0. So this wasnt a match up i wanted and in this game Guri also got PS0 This game ended in a loss for me.

Loss 40ish-100 (2-1)

Round 4

Jake (VI,AT,Proton rockets, PTL) Tycho (PTL,Proton rockets,Experimental Interface, Daredevil) Green Squad (VI,PTL,Proton rockets) not 100% of this list but was something like this

This game really surprised me the Vipers can easy outmaneuver the A-wing. He didnt have the greatest luck with his rockets. Think i lost one Viper in this game.

Win 100-30ish (3-1)

With this result i ended on a 3rd place with 15 points and advanced to the top 4 cut.

Semifinal

Vs Oicunn (Rebel captive, Ysanne, Experimental Int) 2 Ties and Howlrunner cant remember exactly what he had.

This game was a nail biter worthy of a final In the end i had Guri with 1 hp left vs Howlrunner and a damaged Tie and we had atleast 3 turns of shooting Guri vs Howlrunner both with 1 hp left. But i managed to outmaneuver him with my segnorsloops

Win

Final

Now i faced my friend with the Soontir TIE swarm and had to do something new to not end up with 0-4 against him. So this time i tried something new and the match was very close but due to a wrong move with Soontir i ended with the victory.

This was played at Dragons Lair in Stockholm with 75min rounds 8 Imperial, 8 Rebels and 2 Scum players. Since i already had a Store Championship win from Sundsvall and i really liked the concept of the Vipers i decided to try it since winning was that important for me. Im really glad i took this list because its very fun to fly to bad you can only have one Virago

Hope you enjoyed reading this rather long post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Turner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Enies wrote:
My squad was

------

Prince Xizor [Veteran Instincts, Virago, Autothrusters, Advanced Sensors] (38)

Guri [Predator, Autothrusters] (35)

Black Sun Enforcer [Autothrusters] (27)

------

First round i got a bye. Due to uneven numbers of players but one dropped after the first round

Round 2

I faced Dash (PTL,Outrider,HLC,Engine,Kyle) Corran (VI,RD2D,FCS)

This is a very good match up for this list. I have placed this fella two times before and both times have i won with ease. He plays this list very good one of the best Dash pilots i faced.

I focused on Corran and destroyed him in 3 turns then it was just a hunt for Dash.

Win 100-0 (2-0)

Round 3

I faced Soontir (PTL, Stealth Device, AT), 5x Obsidians

I played was the pilot of this build the night before the tournament and lost both times. Both times Guri got PS0. So this wasnt a match up i wanted and in this game Guri also got PS0 This game ended in a loss for me.

Loss 40ish-100 (2-1)

Round 4

Jake (VI,AT,Proton rockets, PTL) Tycho (PTL,Proton rockets,Experimental Interface, Daredevil) Green Squad (VI,PTL,Proton rockets) not 100% of this list but was something like this

This game really surprised me the Vipers can easy outmaneuver the A-wing. He didnt have the greatest luck with his rockets. Think i lost one Viper in this game.

Win 100-30ish (3-1)

With this result i ended on a 3rd place with 15 points and advanced to the top 4 cut.

Semifinal

Vs Oicunn (Rebel captive, Ysanne, Experimental Int) 2 Ties and Howlrunner cant remember exactly what he had.

This game was a nail biter worthy of a final In the end i had Guri with 1 hp left vs Howlrunner and a damaged Tie and we had atleast 3 turns of shooting Guri vs Howlrunner both with 1 hp left. But i managed to outmaneuver him with my segnorsloops

Win

Final

Now i faced my friend with the Soontir TIE swarm and had to do something new to not end up with 0-4 against him. So this time i tried something new and the match was very close but due to a wrong move with Soontir i ended with the victory.

This was played at Dragons Lair in Stockholm with 75min rounds 8 Imperial, 8 Rebels and 2 Scum players. Since i already had a Store Championship win from Sundsvall and i really liked the concept of the Vipers i decided to try it since winning was that important for me. Im really glad i took this list because its very fun to fly to bad you can only have one Virago

Hope you enjoyed reading this rather long post

Very interesting read. Is there anything you would change about the list now that you have played it in a Tournament? How did you play it to get the success out of it that you did?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its very hard to tweak it if you still want to run 3 Vipers. Only option i see it to remove the ATs from the Enforcer.

I flew them some what close to each other but not in formation and i didnt really care about keeping a ship close to the Prince to use his ability. He is there for his high PS. But when possible to feed the damage to the Enforcer. In this list his ability aint that good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.