Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: List for upcoming tournament rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Mirando
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
As the title says, I've got a tournament coming up and I'm deciding on three lists:

One is a double aggressor tricked out to suit.

The second:
STAR VIPER: · Prince Xizor (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
M3-A INTERCEPTOR: · Serissu (20)
Veteran Instincts (1)
M3-A INTERCEPTOR: Cartel Spacer (14)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

The third:
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Z-95 HEADHUNTER: Binayre Pirate (12)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)

Which do you all think will be best all around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HanShotFirst88 wrote:
As the title says, I've got a tournament coming up and I'm deciding on three lists:

One is a double aggressor tricked out to suit.

The second:
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)

The third:
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)
Feedback Array (2)

Which do you all think will be best all around?

My initial thought is that list 3 will probably be better. I think the interceptors are not great meat shields for xizor as they only have 3 hull, especially loaded with cannons. Too many points for a 3 hull meat shield. They will probably die too quickly. The headhunter list should work better for keeping xizor alive, especially with Serissu to make the Zs harder to finish off. What about stealth device on Serissu? If I'm flying against either of those lists, he's probably my first target. Stealth device might make him very annoying as a first target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I like the Scyk and I like Xizor, but I don't think they go well together. The Scyk is too fragile to be friends with Xizor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:
I agree. I like the Scyk and I like Xizor, but I don't think they go well together. The Scyk is too fragile to be friends with Xizor.

And I should qualify my answer slightly. If you theoretically substituted Tie fighters for the Scyks, I think that would work. The point being that the Scyks and pretty much as fragile as a Tie. The difference being that the Ties are super cheap and you don't care about them individually. So what you have listed in list 2 might work but I'd be hesitant to mod them with cannons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mirando
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
so I guess I'm looking at list one or three. I really want to make Xizor work bit I also am drawn to the double IGs. The problem I see with the IG is I've got a 50 point ship with a lot of abilities but no more hp than a b wing or y wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sieber
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
The Scyks definitely want to fly away from Xizor...So I would go with the Pirates. Maybe even a y-wing (hired gun or thug with autoblaster turret)to soak up a ton of damage for a measly 20 points instead of Serrisu (she will die quick with no defense support).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mirando
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Serissu is there exclusively to allow the Z95s to reroll green dice. I figure it will give them a little more staying power. The thug is a possibility but I really suck at rolling green dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silversandman wrote:
The Scyks definitely want to fly away from Xizor...So I would go with the Pirates. Maybe even a y-wing (hired gun or thug with autoblaster turret)to soak up a ton of damage for a measly 20 points instead of Serrisu (she will die quick with no defense support).

My list that I will try out tomorrow is:

Xizor w/ Virago, Autothrusters, Adv Sensors, Predator
Y-wing w/ Ion Turret
3 x Z-95

Maybe swap Predator for VI if you are paranoid about Phantoms.

Someone on FFG reminded people that Serissu is PS 8 w/ EPT and can go VI. That would give you a ship with PS 10. Give her Flechette Cannon to defeat Phantoms. Also Serissu doesn't necessarily work with lots of ships, but works against lots of attacks at your ships. So, you can go with some heavy attack ships and just Serissu. She will give your power hitters the defense they need with multiple shots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:
Silversandman wrote:

My list that I will try out tomorrow is:

Xizor w/ Virago, Autothrusters, Adv Sensors, Predator
Y-wing w/ Ion Turret
3 x Z-95

Maybe swap Predator for VI if you are paranoid about Phantoms.

Someone on FFG reminded people that Serissu is PS 8 w/ EPT and can go VI. That would give you a ship with PS 10. Give her Flechette Cannon to defeat Phantoms. Also Serissu doesn't necessarily work with lots of ships, but works against lots of attacks at your ships. So, you can go with some heavy attack ships and just Serissu. She will give your power hitters the defense they need with multiple shots.

The problem with that plan is one bad placement and she gets one shot killed by the phantom and you have an expensive ship wreck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mirando
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
In an attempt to move away from Xizor, I have come up with another list:

Emon (36)
+Seismic Charges (2)
+Seismic Charges (2)
+Proximity Mines (3)
+Intelligence Agent (1)
+Andrasta (0)
+Inertial Dampeners (1)

Serissu (20)
+VI (1)
+"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
+Flechette Cannon (2)

Black Sun Soldier (13)
+Feedback Array (2)

Binayre Pirate (12)
+Feedback Array (2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.