Popular Tags: [View All]
BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically in this case Porcupine. In past games we've played that porcupine can use his power, someone else can toss in a reinforcement, then porc uses a power again etc. But someone argued that porcupine's power can only be used once reinforcements are done, at which point no one else can use reinforcements.....thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Porcupine can use his power, someone else can toss a reinforcement, and if Porcupine's side is now losing again he can use his power again. There is no such thing as having to use a power after reinforcements have been played or vice versa. The Reveal phase is not done until no one can use any more effects to affect encounter totals. The only exception would be if Porcupine's power were zapped, as that lasts until the end of the encounter and not just upon the first instance of trying to use the power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! And too funny! I just read this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1025603/preplay-thoughts-ne...

while trying to find an answer. We've now played two games with Porcupine, and last game I had him and completely controlled the game with his power...do you still feel he's underpowered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexsr wrote:
Thanks! And too funny! I just read this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1025603/preplay-thoughts-ne...

while trying to find an answer. We've now played two games with Porcupine, and last game I had him and completely controlled the game with his power...do you still feel he's underpowered?

I was being dense when I wrote that. To be fair, a lot of people were new to the game back then and powers that should have been good were trash and vice versa. Now that we have almost two more years of experience under our belts, I'd call myself a Cosmic veteran. Porcupine is not a bad power at all. It's like Philanthropist except you're not giving away junk. It also doesn't go off as often but when it does, you can discard all your chaff. Really one of the few powers I like out of the Storm set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd hardly call it dense....I drew the power and thought it was ok but kind of meh...by the end of the game it was awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.