Mateus Alves
Italy
flag msg tools
Hey all! I've recently moved to Firenze since my wife is studying at the EUI and am looking for people to play X Wing Miniatures and other board games in town...

So, if any of you wants to catch up, practice English/Portuguese/Spanish (and in turn help me practice Italian...) just get in touch!

Best!

Mat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
In Firenze I've seen X Wing stuff just at Stratagemma (via de servi, near the duomo). They usualy organize events on the weekend, maybe if you ask them they can get you in touch with other X Wing players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
mateusalves wrote:
Hey all! I've recently moved to Firenze since my wife is studying at the EUI and am looking for people to play X Wing Miniatures and other board games in town...

So, if any of you wants to catch up, practice English/Portuguese/Spanish (and in turn help me practice Italian...) just get in touch!

Best!

Mat

Welcome Mateus,

I'm not playing in/or around Florence, but I made my best to push some likely opponents to show up.
Said this I advise you to put something in your collection as owned or want to play, so people know better what you want to play. Then, since you should have some time free to have a walk around Florence, go to Stratagemma and talk. They will be happy to help you to find opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateus Alves
Italy
flag msg tools
Grazie mille for the tips, guys I did add some games etc to my profile here, let's see if it helps.

I'll try to visit the sop you mentioned sometime this week and see what happens! I also found another shop a bit further away from the center called Games Academy and apparently they hold X Wing nights and whatnot (in somewhat late hours, so not sure that's helpful...).

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also a very lively city to play Wings of Glory, if you decide to try it among the "(and other games...)" you refer to. Let me know, I can put you in contact with local players. Anyway Stratagemma is one of the historical gathering places for gamers in Florence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know games accademy in Novoli, I've been there a few times, the staff didn't seem as informed (about boardgames) as the guys from stratagemma, and I'm not sure if they speak english since when I asked them if they had ticket to ride the guy at the counter didn't know how to write it blush.
In the other hand Games Accademy is a franchise of games, gadgets and comics stores so they probably could get stuff more easily than a small (yet well stocked) LGS like stratagemma, and has a bigger playing area (the rents outside the center are cheaper).
So you should probaby go to Games Accademy for your gaming nights, but you have to check out Stratagemma too they speak english, since they have a lot of foreign costumers, and they're well stocked of imported games and the latest hotness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateus Alves
Italy
flag msg tools
Yeah that's the one I thought of Nicola...

But true that, local GSs are way more interesting than big franchises

Hopefully I'll be able to hit Stratagemma tomorrow and check it out!

And thanks as well Andrea, I'll definitely let you know if I decide to try it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Harbuck
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mateusalves wrote:

Best!

Mat

Hey Mateus, if you're still living in Firenze I just started a job here teaching computer animation to US study abroad students. I'd be happy to play anytime, just hit me up. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.