United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife got me a present today. I'm a huge Minnesota Vikings fan and last year when I bought my new Ford Escape one of the first things I did was buy some nice Vikings floor mats for it. Today my wife added to my Vikings car theme with a Vikings licence plate frame and an antenna ball. In general when it comes to my car I'm a neat freak. No bumper stickers, vinyl characters on the back windows or trash on the floor. I even made the dealership take their obnoxious logo thing off the back. I have been wanting to replace the dealer license plate frame for a while so this is cool.

So here is the question. What do you have for a licence plate frame on your car? Did you leave the dealer frame on? Did you put on something showing your favorite sports team or is there no frame at all? Bonus points if you also have an antenna ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Car?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Wijns
Belgium
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A extremely boring one - with some advertisement of the dealer where we bought it.

BUT, if you can find me a nice I-always-get-beaten-by-Yig-while-playing-Eldritch-Horror-frame or I-am-the-Dominant-species-frame (how cool can it get?) please send them to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
School starting soon! Better read a lot of 'fun' books now.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead bugs and dirt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noordkaap wrote:
A extremely boring one - with some advertisement of the dealer where we bought it.

BUT, if you can find me a nice I-always-get-beaten-by-Yig-while-playing-Eldritch-Horror-frame or I-am-the-Dominant-species-frame (how cool can it get?) please send them to me!

How about..

I've seen Cthulhu antenna balls too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a simple black plastic frame around the front license plate. The maintenance guy at work accidentally broke it while mowing the lawn.

I went to the auto parts store and surprisingly to replace a simple black frame was one of the more expensive models. Since I don't really care about the license frame and the maintenance guy offered to reimburse me the expense I found one that was around $8 that I thought was good enough, but at the checkout line I realized it had a plastic coating that would go over the entire plate. I remarked on this fact and the cashier mentioned that I could get a ticket for having that model since it could interfere with police equipment. So I put that back and got the simplest design I could find. Would up spending $15.

I have no idea what is in back. Likely the dealer frame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Slow people's blood and snow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if anyone here has this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
I Don't even have a car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
I while back, we bought a license plate frame that lets you change the letters around whenever you want (on the frame, not the plate ). However, once we decided to set it on

FOREVER NEWFOUNDLAND

we left it at that, and it has been that way for years. A way for my wife to celebrate where she grew up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is just the frame that came with the car. But I have a Red Sox license plate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a Miami Dolphins plate frame surrounding the word GROGNRD on the vanity plate. My wife's frame reads "Cymru am bith".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all to the OP - I feel your pain.

I would like to have a Packers antenna ball but living in SW Michigan it might get defaced very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
no plate yet, but the dealer hooked be up with a carbon fiber plate frame... and that sticker is worth at least 5hp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think number plate frames are a thing in the UK.. I don't recall ever seeing any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Billythehut wrote:
I Don't even have a car.

So what! You can still have a license plate frame.

They are cheaper than the car....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
My frame says:

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would have thought you would get Packers or Bears mats so you could step all over them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't have a license plate frame. When I bought the car the salesman said that he would switch my plates out from the old car, and when he did he put a dealer frame on. I came out from finishing the financing and asked him why he put the frame on? He said to keep the plate from bending. I pointed out that for the past ten years there had been no frame, and the plate was fine, but if they wanted to pay me to advertise for the dealership we could go back inside and negotiate a monthly rate. devil He took the frame off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sloan66 wrote:

I don't have a license plate frame. When I bought the car the salesman said that he would switch my plates out from the old car, and when he did he put a dealer frame on. I came out from finishing the financing and asked him why he put the frame on? He said to keep the plate from bending. I pointed out that for the past ten years there had been no frame, and the plate was fine, but if they wanted to pay me to advertise for the dealership we could go back inside and negotiate a monthly rate. devil He took the frame off.

There is a trend now for dealerships to not only put license plate frames on new cars they sell but put their name on the car itself in some form. Usually it's in the form of a vinyl sticker but in the case of my dealer his name in big silver letters on the back of my new Escape. I made them take it off which was easy to do because it was attached only with double sticky tape.

I did read recently though about a gentleman who ordered I think a Lexus from a dealership. The car arrived 6 weeks later but not only was there a big silver logo from the dealership on the back but they had actually used two bolts that went through the car's body to attach it to the car. He refused delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing around my license plate is my paint-peeling crappy beat-up 18 year old Civic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in the 90s there was an oil change chain in California owned by race car driver Parnelli Jones. One thing they would do is when you got your oil changed there is they would literally put a bumper sticker on your car with their logo on it. They pretty much would do this no matter what. A friend of mine took his car in once for an oil change and asked them not to do it. When he got home he looked and sure enough they had slapped one on his bumper anyway. He was furious. They became pretty much a common gripe for people who went there for an oil change.

I wouldn't take my car there because like I said I don't like having bumper stickers on my car let alone one put there without my permission whether I liked it or not. The chain was kind of short lived and I've always thought that their bumper sticker gimmick was partially to blame because it became not an advertisement as much as a warning to people basically saying "Don't get your oil changed here! They do this to your car!". I use to work in marketing back in those days and in my mind that was the worst marketing idea I had ever seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no frame but I am collecting plates from different areas and years to make a backsplash behind my stove in my kitchen.

Feel free to offer me up some plates if you like. I probably need about 25 more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Sisson wrote:
Would have thought you would get Packers or Bears mats so you could step all over them.

Huh. I guess that is why I use Vikings toilet paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
college
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.