Subject: Life/point mechanical counter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Els
Belgium
Idegem in Geraardsbergen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Keeping track of you life points in Star Realms with cards is a bit of a hassle.

I stumbled upon the Commander's Arsenal life counter and CritSuccess Clocking counter ring. Would be perfect for the job, but at 17-25€ a piece not quite cheap.

Do you have a method that's better than cards or paper and affordable (4+ pieces)?

I'd like to keep it mechanical, so no smartphone app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Moderators, please move this to the Star Realms forums.

Look at ways for keeping score in Magic: the Gathering. Dice, life counters, and so on can all be used.
It should not be difficult to create a Star Realms score track either. In a pinch, use the one from Carcassonne - that goes neatly from 50 to 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poker chips solve this problem and many others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of Fantasy Flight games come with dual dials- there are four in Blood Bowl Team Manager, for example. Maybe if you find something like that on sale you'll score a free game to go with the dials.

I use mini poker chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wünsche
Germany
Minfeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
use 2 d10 dice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the authority cards.

We have a few players adept at math that can manipulate them at a really impressive speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Bagwell
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use a score keeper app. I use rounds for quite a few games. I like dialing in the points to add or subtract. It supports up to 8 players. I picked it up a while ago when it was in free beta, and liked it so much that I gave them the .99 when it became retail through Google Play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use poker chips when I have them. 8 5's and 10 1's is perfect (plus some extras for those that go crazy with the "healing"). If I don't have the chips with me, then I use the cards.

I would be interested in a nice compact alternative that fit in the box where I keep the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.