Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. For reaction movement, does this need to be pre-designated? For example, if I have multiple areas that can intercept an enemy move, can I see the results of one intercept or must I pre-designate which spaces are attempting before rolling any dice?

2. Battle Movement: 7.5 D1 - are attacking formations moved first in this step? It's spelled out that they move first in step D2, and I assume D1 is the same, but I want to be sure since it's not specified.

3. Execute Retreat: 7.8 - it's specified that retreating units can overstack on the retreat as long as this is fixed at the end of the next movement phase. The battle space itself (with the victorious units) may also be overstacked. I assume this is OK until the end of the next movement phase, as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to your game comment, I've stricken this game from my want list.

Too bad, this game looked like a decent, very playable ACW operational level game, and there aren't many of those around outside of the much larger (and thus less playable) GCACW series of games.

I do find the cricket photo a bit yucky though...gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the cricket!

The game is very scripted. It is interesting for a play or 2, but then you find you're doing the same thing, over and over again. Outrolling the other guy in the big Pennsylvania/Maryland battle seems to be the winning strategy.

I think some input from the designer would have helped, but I've since moved on to more interesting fare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eskey
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted an apology on the Consimworld forum that I wanted to post here:

I apologize for my long absence from the forum. I didn't realize so much time has passed. I could give excuses, but the fact remains that I neglected checking in with this forum for way too long. I sincerely apologize.

Tom Eskey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eskey
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rob,

I posted an apology here and on Consimworld in response to your (very justified) criticism of my lack of support for the game in the last two months. I also wanted to make a personal apology to you.

I really appreciate your early interest, and I completely understand your current negative feelings about the game (as expressed in your review) based on my long absence from the forums. I'm really upset with myself for missing the opportunity to discuss this game with you.

Again, thank you for your early interest in the game. I wish you all the best.

Tom Eskey

ps. If you're still a little bit curious, I responded on Consimworld to your excellent question about battle resolution and the design restriction on formations' ability to participate in more than one day of a battle. Also, fyi, Jeff posted responses to your questions (thank you, Jeff)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.