Popular Tags: [View All]
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the Property tiles. I find it annoying to have the Vine cards sliding on top of a Property tile, which again is too big for the player board.

Instead I have printed the value of the fields direct onto the boards and created small "SOLD" signs to place on the fields if they are sold:

It works brilliantly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Flip" is also a term for buying, then selling property; not just physically turning over cardboard tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the education.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
I don't like the Property tiles. I find it annoying to have the Vine cards sliding on top of a Property tile, which again is too big for the player board.[/b]

Excellent idea. Yes the property tiles are a bit clumsy in use, and your solution also makes it that bit easier to keep game + expansion in the one box. I'll set up something similar for my own set - thanks for the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Coppola
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like you idea. But for the non-tech among us - and I might be the only such person on this site - just how does one print a new board like you have done with exactly the same artwork and all. Would that not have to come from the printer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have acces to anything fancy, but I do have an older DYMO labelwriter which have CLEAR tape.

Nowadays you can get labelwriters where you can use your computer, so you can design your own labels - and still print them out on clear tape. I don't have that, but the standard letters I used were okay for this purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a practical way to do this"
Use player mat as normal without any tiles and all three fields of "6 lira" value each. Place the six "6 lira value" property tiles with the "sold" side facing up next to the main board. If someone flips a property it will be a "6 lira" value and be paid to the player, the person just takes the sold side property tile and covers the field on the player board. If the player flips the property again (buys it back), then return the tile back to the available tiles to use. This limits the available fields to be sold to only six for all players combined, but I never seen that many people selling off their fields at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.