Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: california [+] [View All]
Jay T Leone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been having a hard time finding a gaming group on the SF side of the bay. Berkeley and Oakland are too far with traffic.

Are there anyone from SF area who is in a gaming group or is interested in one?

I really want to play Hunting Party and Twilight Imperium (I have both) among other games. Please let me know if you have interest too.

Mostly like strategy, willing to play euro. Not very interested in party games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Try this:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/57618

You could try Craigslist. There are usually a some groups there. My group posts regularly on CL when our membership starts to drop. In fact, we just had a successful run on CL, and now have several pending members. We're currently bursting at the seams, so I can't extend an invite to you right now. We'll see how things shape up in the coming week. (As in the past, we're expecting only a couple of newbs to actually stick around -- most disappear after a few sessions.)

Also, not my cup of tea, but try Muddy's Cafe on Friday night. They have a web site somewhere, but I don't have the link handy.

--mike

PS -- I'm with Jay's group, so don't hit him up any time soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there! We've got a group I think you'll like, which meets every Monday and Friday at San Francisco State University. Our Friday meetings are 4-12pm in the HSS building, room 285. A few of us have played Hunting Party before, and many of us have played Twilight Imperium, so you should have no problems finding players. And a whole bunch of other stuff. I've got Pitchcar and Hey! That's my Fish! new for this week, and I'm also planning to bring Doom: The Boardgame for deathmatch play, and whatever else fits in my bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay T Leone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, I can join up Friday evenings. That sounds like a great option thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay T Leone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beri wrote:
Hey there! We've got a group I think you'll like, which meets every Monday and Friday at San Francisco State University. Our Friday meetings are 4-12pm in the HSS building, room 285. A few of us have played Hunting Party before, and many of us have played Twilight Imperium, so you should have no problems finding players. And a whole bunch of other stuff. I've got Pitchcar and Hey! That's my Fish! new for this week, and I'm also planning to bring Doom: The Boardgame for deathmatch play, and whatever else fits in my bag.

Barry. I was there on Friday at 5:30 and no one was there. The lights were off. I went to room 285 and 258 but no one was there. What happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, last Friday, Nov. 10, the school was closed for Veteran's Day. You picked the ONE day out of the semester when we weren't having a meeting!

There will be a meeting this Friday, the 17th, but it'll be a little empty, because most of the active members are going down to Anaheim for GenCon SoCal.
Then Friday the 24th, the school will be closed for the Thanksgiving holidays.
I guess that takes us down to Friday, December 1. We should finally have another full meeting then. We may have to find another venue for December 8, because that's finals week, then after that is our winter vacation, so stuff will probably be sporadic.

I'm sorry, Jay, these are the trials and tribulations of being a school-based club. soblue If you want to keep up with our twists and turns, I recommend you join our mailing list, at www.yahoogroups.com/group/gamersconclave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay T Leone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, shoulda figured that. Oh well. Maybe I'll go this week, otherwise I might wait until December/January.

It's still a good excuse for me to get out of work early. Last Friday I got more stuff done than expected, so it works out in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed S.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I'm definitely interested as long as the play-venue is situated within a quick walk or bike from one of the Caltrain stations. I would be coming from the San Carlos or Menlo Park area.

I just moved to the Bay Area a few weeks ago. ack in Portland I was part of a weekly gaming group, which I'm starting to miss.

I'm into strategy games of all types. Mostly into wargames and Eurogames. I'm open to most anything, but those are my preferences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hey Barry,
just wondering, do you guys play party/group games (Apples to Apples, etc) and light strategy games (Blokus, Rumis, etc) at your games night?
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.