Subject: 2015 season rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have started our 2015 season with the first race at Spa.

Click on the picture and click Next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rood Bird
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rene you're 10 days too early! You should have only just finished pre season testing. Everyone knows the season doesn't start until mid March

Although, perhaps you are right. Why wait for Melbourne when you can get straight to the Ardennes Forest?

Enjoy.

RB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Bernal
Spain
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spa is the best circuit at the moment in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garthek wrote:
Spa is the best circuit at the moment in this game.

MONACO is more challenging, IMO. The super fast robots are HARDENED, virtually useless HAZARD strategy and REFLEXES is more dangerous. In the rain... man...I don't even want to imagine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rood Bird
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
descolado1 wrote:

MONACO is more challenging, IMO. The super fast robots are HARDENED, virtually useless HAZARD strategy and REFLEXES is more dangerous. In the rain... man...I don't even want to imagine!

Monaco in the rain? I can think of one driver who relished such a prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hUWuR2Dj78

Still the best driver ever in my very humble opinion.

R.I.P.

Edit: Sorry, not actually about board games but I thought the people on this particular forum would forgive me just this once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No harm done.
The video is not available in my country!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What speed of robot cars did you select?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rood Bird
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
No harm done.
The video is not available in my country!

I'm sorry.

Just find any wet race with Ayrton Senna driving and you'll get the gist. Although Monaco 1984 was perhaps the first time the whole world started to recognise his talent.

Digression over. Back to boardgames....

RB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
What speed of robot cars did you select?

Williams - very fast
Tyrrell - fast
Minardi - slow
Teammates - fast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second race of our 2015 season was at Hungaroring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Third race of our 2015 season was at Monza.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fourth race of our 2015 season was at Monaco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fifth race of our 2015 season was at Monza.

Click at picture and click Next

WARNING: Really screwed this one up!
I managed to switch control on my own car and my team mates robot in the middle of the race and threw away the victory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sixth race in our 2015 season:

Click at picture and click Next.

House rules:
Robots no longer overtake other robots freely, but at the cost of 1MP on straights, LB zones and corners!
We draw for weather at the beginning of each new stage (which we forgot at round 3!).

Williams - very fast
Tyrrell - fast
Ferrari - fast
Minardi - slow
Teammates - fast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7th race in our 2015 season:

Click on the picture and then click Next to go through the race.

House rules:
We draw for weather at the beginning of each new stage (which we forgot at round 3!).

Williams - very fast
Tyrrell - fast
Ferrari - fast
Minardi - slow
Teammates - fast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8th and last race in our 2015 season

Click on the picture and then click Next to go through the race.

House rules:
We draw for weather at the beginning of each new stage.

Williams - very fast
Tyrrell - fast
Ferrari - fast
Minardi - slow
Teammates - fast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. I know taking the photos and then uploading them can take a bit of time.

I would love to hear your (and other players' thoughts) about the season. What will you do different next time, what worked well this time? Would you suggest 14 cars, or just stick with 12?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will sent them your questions and try to get some answers from them and sent that to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My own answer:
Strategy and skills - I prefer safe tyres or banging wheels for strategy and qualifying or pitting for skill. Next year we won't allow changes on skill (perhaps halfway through the season)! But I mostly uses safe tyres and pitting. That gives you 10 spaces over opponents who doesn't use these and you get Track cards easily.
We made too many mistakes, made some of the races a mess.
So we need to clear out the rules, make small sheets with the rules, so we don't screw it up again.
Teammate orders worked well, I liked to do the race reports for the guys after the race and will still be doing it, perhaps only with the highlites of the races instead of each turn.
Eight races in a serie might be to short but we hope the new circuits will arrive before we start a new season.
I would love to add the solitaire rule for robots - drawing a Race cards to see if them move +1 or +2. We have talked about it and we are two for, one against. He thinks robots are too fast anyway. I would just love more competition in the race.
14 cars is okay. But if we go down to 12 it would be the slow ones to go.
I would love change the cars to either GT Blancpain series or F1 from 1976.
If we keep 14 cars, I would change point system to what GT series have today, even if we still race F1 cars.

We will be doing a test race or two where we'll test some of the new rules and change some of the rules we played wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Result of our 2015 season:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first I was confused how the superfast team beat two player's teams, but then I realized that you have handicapped the players. In my experience, a superfast robot is equivalent to a player and the fast robots are slower. Therefore, your superfast team has two player equivalents, but the other player teams have a player and a slower robot.

Looking at the final car standings verifies this. The top spots are players and superfast robots, with the one exception being Briang's robot teammate. It looks like the only reason why Briang's fast teammate beat superfast robot #5 is because the superfast robot kept crashing (good job!). As you have stated previously, Erik did not play much and was replaced with a fast robot when he did not play.

In my local season we have two teams of 2 players, 2 superfast, 2 fast and 2 slow. The current standings have both player teams ahead of the superfast team. Each of our games is a battle between the players and the superfast robots to earn the six scoring positions.

Player teams also allow for talking about strategy, having someone to help you make tough calls and can benefit you in the race. Last race my teammate and I traded the lead when one player had more cards to make the leader checks. We wound up fighting each other for the win, with him leading in the same track section and the end of the game. It very much felt like a close Lewis/Nico race. Your teams seem like Lewis/Heikki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you just reminded me that our team mates should be very fast robots next season.
But it was Alessandro Lala who suggested that we should use only fast team mates since we had played some test games where the very fast robots kept beating us.

Ryan, I really appreciate your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has used superfast robots as teammates when the players do not show up. So far this has only happened twice, and both robot teammates finished higher than the teammate. Both times the robots were rarely helped by the players. We just had bad cards/strategies all race and finished in 6th place.

I do not think that human/sf teams are the best combination for players over a season. As your testing showed, the teammate robots are fighting for the top spots and the humans were fighting for the last few points. I agree with you that this is not good for players. Who wants to play a season of fighting among players for scraps while you help the game beat you? I am just suggesting that if you are keeping track of team standings, then you may want to change up the teams to be more balanced.

Option 1
human/human
human/human
superfast/superfast
fast/fast
slow/slow

This is how may season has been. The humans and superfast robots are fighting for the six point positions. The remainder of the cars are traffic. After 6 races the human teams have 64 & 62 points, the superfast team has 28 and the fast team has 2. The superfast robots usually come in 4th and 5th. For our next season I would like to add a fast/slow team to get a full 12 car grid and add some more traffic.

Option 2
human/fast
human/fast
human/fast
human/fast
superfast/fast
slow/slow

This is similar to what you have now, but with one less fast and one less superfast. I switched out the superfast teammate to slow that team down and bring it in line with the players' teams. Now you have 5 cars fighting for the point positions, a large mid field and a two slow cars to complete the traffic. You will have five equal teams in terms of skill, and your fast robot teammates will all be fighting for the final point! When a player skips the race (Erik), then replace them with a superfast robot to keep the teams equal.

Sadly, this will be harder to tell cars apart, as your two Williams cars will be different speeds. You can get around this by painting the wheel rims or the rear wing the color of the speed (black, yellow, purple). Maybe paint the driver helmet the color to match the robot speed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean.
But next season we will - if the test races go well - use the solitary rule about drawing a Race card each turn to see if the robots move +0, +1 or +2.
So if we choose to take very fast team mate robots they just might get way too fast for us, so perhaps it's better to keep team mate robot at fast speed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played several solo games and it is very easy to beat 5 super fast robots. Solitaire games need enhanced robots to make the game challenging. Robots do not throw down yellow flags or use track cards for extra movement.

I would only add in the solitaire robot movement rules if you are having an easy time beating the robots. After looking at your standings, this does not appear to be your case.

However, the robot attributes may be interesting to add in (and bring out more safety cars).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.