Subject: Is strong language dependent? Extensive use or not.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Montanari
Italy
Ravenna
Italy
flag msg tools
I can't understand. All cards and boards seem language indipendent with symbols and icons. A very good job.
But there is a book of encounters, so the game is strong language dependent with an extensive use of text.
Is this right?
Do you know in which languages the book will be?
Only English? German? Italian?
I would like to pledge but I need the book in my language..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pan76 wrote:
I can't understand. All cards and boards seem language indipendent with symbols and icons. A very good job.
But there is a book of encounters, so the game is strong language dependent with an extensive use of text.
Is this right?

It is right.

Quote:
Do you know in which languages the book will be?
Only English? German? Italian?
I would like to pledge but I need the book in my language..

Only english.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Fowkes

Farmington Hills
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With any luck as in a few other Kickstarter campaigns some of the backers might take it upon themselves to do the translations and post them to BGG. Trying asking in the Kickstarter comments sections if there is anyone willing to do so in your language. Not sure this will work as my message itself likely would need translated too. Oops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Montanari
Italy
Ravenna
Italy
flag msg tools
I think that a good stretch gol (or add on) could be the book in other languages. A stretch gol like this could help the game to make lots of pledege in other country. Or you prefer a book in your language you can pay sometuhing to help the Author as an add on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Kickstarter:

"It is likely that Above and Below will be printed later in French, German, and possibly other European languages. Please take this into consideration when deciding if you would like to pledge."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ehrensing wrote:
From the Kickstarter:
"It is likely that Above and Below will be printed later in French, German, and possibly other European languages. Please take this into consideration when deciding if you would like to pledge."

I read that too, but that's a pretty vague statement. I'm very interested in the game but only if the story book would be in my native tongue (Dutch).
I'd like to hear from Ryan whether it will be known in which languages the book will be translated before the campaign ends. If not, I won't be pledging, but if it's indeed translated then please take my money. cool
I think voluntary translations as with other games aren't going to happen here because the story book is a huge amount of text to translate and it would demand quite some time and effort to get that translated (especially before the campaign ends).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pan76 wrote:
I think that a good stretch gol (or add on) could be the book in other languages.

...that would be awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PIERRE-YVES CAMPEAU
Canada
MONTREAL
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a FRENCH book I would pledge immediately.
Ryan Laukat Is a master of game design and mechanic.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.