Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that the cards have iconography and text. I was considering importing, but was wondering if the iconography is good (ie RftG) or bad (ie Tournay)?

Has anyone imported it and have an opinion to share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
I see that the cards have iconography and text. I was considering importing, but was wondering if the iconography is good (ie RftG) or bad (ie Tournay)?

Has anyone imported it and have an opinion to share?

Should be out here within a month; I'd wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not imported it. But I have looked over both English and non-English cards pretty extensively as I am a pretty big fan of the game. Also I have both RftG and Tournay.

In my opinion, the iconography of Elysium is big, bold, and easy to interpret. Better than both aforementioned games. It's also worth noting that the game is a bit less complex than those games as well so they had an easier job on their hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
Should be out here within a month; I'd wait

Mainly considering importing because I also have interest in getting Loony Quest which can only be imported.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamebliss is getting soon. Buy domestic. I think importing will get it to you sooner only by a matter of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EmperorJacob wrote:
Boardgamebliss is getting soon. Buy domestic. I think importing will get it to you sooner only by a matter of days.

Can you provide a link for this? I can't find anything on their website, aside from that they won't be shipping after the 10th of March until the 20th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can import it here:

http://www.boardgamebliss.com/collections/available-for-pre-...

I'd say it still won't be until April-ish, whenever it will have a normal North American release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
You can import it here:

http://www.boardgamebliss.com/collections/available-for-pre-...

I'd say it still won't be until April-ish, whenever it will have a normal North American release.

Jacob said that BGB would have it soon, which made me think that he had some extra information not available here, or on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy from Sheep Games in Belgium yesterday.

http://www.sheepgames.be

They have a great policy of deducting 21% from the price to help offset the high shipping of importing. I'm definitely going to order from them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.