Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a few three-player games of this now, and we're not getting anywhere close to the stated playing time of 45 minutes. Each game so far has taken us about 3 hours to play. Yes, really. My group tends to be on the slow side, I think, but the disparity here is ridiculous. We did get unlucky in the last game we played (Aliens movie scenario) in which the Queen was the very last card in the Hive deck, but, still, I can't see ever playing this in less than 2 hours with multiple players.

Solo is faster, obviously. I played a solo game in roughly 1.5-1.75 hours, but still not 45 minutes. I could see getting that down to closer to 1 hour, but it less seems unlikely that I can break the 1-hour barrier unless I die rather quickly.

I've played over a hundred games of Marvel Legendary, so I'm quite familiar with the gameplay mechanisms....

However long it takes to play, I'm enjoying every minute. I was just wondering if our play times are exceptional or common. Hey, let's do a poll....

Poll
Average playing time for Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game.
What is your average playing time for games of Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game with multiple players?
45-59 minutes.
1.0 to 1.49 hours.
1.5 to 1.99 hours.
2.0 to 2.49 hours.
2.5 to 2.99 hours.
3.0 to 3.49 hours.
3.5 to 3.99 hours.
4.0 hours or more.
      65 answers
Poll created by DarthEd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Kopciuch
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can easily play 45 minutes solo. And that is playing multiple characters. Only playing 1 character It would probably be under 30 minutes.

I can't imagine how it would take you close to 2 hours to play solo.

I could see a 5 player game taking 3 hours, especially if everyone is chatty. But normally it still takes us only about an hour or so.

If everyone is having fun then it doesn't really matter how long it takes.

I should play a solo game as fast as I can tonight and see how long it takes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, 3 players often goes over an hour, but just slightly. Definitely not 3 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Dubien
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I regularly play with 3 players (one avatar each) and I would say that it takes us about 90 minutes to play. I could see this going pretty fast if I was playing it solo. What adds lots of time, as with all Legendary games, is the setup and cleanup. That aside, I could see really getting into the theme (Aliens is the best movie ever!) and taking more time just enjoying all the cards, text, and any xenomorph that might be lurking around the next corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play with five players, and the game always clocks in at under an hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be an option for less than 45 minutes in your poll. My wife and I easily average 30 mins to 1 hour long games with the vast majority of our games falling nearer to 30/45 mins mark. With 3 players, it extends to 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. I've yet to play with more players than that, and I've also yet to have a game that lasted longer that 1 hour and 15 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Kopciuch
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played single player game last night. 33 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Guthrie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only when we've lost horribly, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.