11 Posts

The Resistance» Forums » General

Subject: Roles and Number of Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris B.
msg tools
Hello all;

I realize this may be highly subjective and possibly group dependent, but I'm wondering if there is any sort of consensus on which roles are best with specific numbers of players.

I apologize if this has been covered in another thread.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Always Merlin.

Always always Merlin.

Always Mordred. Always always Mordred.

Percy is almost always includable too. Morgana then naturally follows.

I like Dirty Lance and Clean Lance at 5-6p.

I also like xCal at 5-6p, 5p especially. Really shakes up the meta at that playercount.

Lady of the Lake is basically required at 10p. So is Oberon.

I always ignore Assassin and assign that job to Mordred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordred = Deep Cover doesn't he? Isn't Merlin only knowing one spy a bit of a handicap for the good team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Translation of Avalon Roles to Hidden Agenda roles:

Merlin = Commander
Perceval = Body Guard

Assassin = Assassin
Mordred = Deep Cover
Morgana = False Commander
Oberon = Blind Spy

Lancelot = Defector
Lady of the Lake = Inquisitor
Excalibur = Sergeant promo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
Mordred = Deep Cover doesn't he? Isn't Merlin only knowing one spy a bit of a handicap for the good team?
Eh!

Assume 5p roleset of:

Merlin
Percy
Clean Lance
Dirty Lance
Mordred

Percy knows one good guy. Awesome.
Merlin knows one bad guy who might flip. Awesome.
Mordred knows one bad guy who might flip, but not his future SpyBud. Not awesome.

Mordred has a coinflip shot of assassination assuming there's a flip, which isn't awesome. That's the biggest handicap for Team Good. Which is all the more reason why Perc has got to step up his game and cover Good Old Murray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds pretty crazy, I might have to try that either 5 or 6 player. Agree about the coinflip assassination being the biggest handicap. I reckon some of the poeple I play with might not like that. Actually I'm not sure if I'd like that... The assassination wouldn't be quite so bad 6p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confusing thread - we do not talk about The Resistance base game, but about Avalon and the expansion, right??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
Confusing thread - we do not talk about The Resistance base game, but about Avalon and the expansion, right??

Everyone in here is a bloody spy! Yeah, think they are talking about Avalon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or The Resistance: Hidden Agenda. What gets posted where on the forums for the resistance family of games is fairly random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is "TR" with Hidden Agenda EXACTLY the same as TR:Avalon? Same roles and so on? Then I'll sell one, I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
Is "TR" with Hidden Agenda EXACTLY the same as TR:Avalon? Same roles and so on? Then I'll sell one, I guess :)

Same roles (Assassin Module), and includes Lancelot promo (Defector Module) plus Trapper Module which is new.

To get all the stuff included in Avalon (retail) you'd also need The Resistance: Hostile Intent for the Inquisitor Module (Lady of the Lake) but you could easily use another token for that.

Hostile Intent also includes Reverser module (two roles who can though "Reverse" rather than pass/fail which reverses the outcome of a mission) and Hunter Module which is more complex than Avalon (I've not tried it yet). Hunter Module has one role you could throw into Avalon - Deep Cover: does not see spies. That might be an interesting alternative to Oberon/Blind Spy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.