Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So, I just ordered Traumfabrik from Germany (yay!) and while it arrives (3-4 weeks) my mind wonders... maybe I can make an extra set of tiles depicting movies and actors from my country?

So, in order to save time, I thought I'd ask. Can anyone tell me how many movies, actors, actresses and directors would I have to do? And is there anything else? No need for full stats; I can copy those from the actual game once it comes, but I'd like to start thinking about my "roster".

Thanks

Antonio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Fantz
United States
W.Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original from Hasbro - Germany - I believe all the actors and actresses will be from your country. Except for the Knizia tile I've never seen actors or actresses from anywhere else. Unless you mean you don't want foreign born actors like Cary Grant or Ingrid Bergman ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the actors are indeed all from the US. Perhaps you mean more contemporary actors, like Ewen McGregor and Johnny Depp? I've seen such paste-ups before, but I dont know where they came from. presumably here.

If you're making your own copy anyway, why order it and pay shipping?

A friend and I were discussing a possible re-theming, the same exact game could be made into a Pirate game simply by replacing the following:

Movie -> Ship
Director -> Captain
Actor -> Crew
Special Effects -> Cannons
Camera crew -> Sails (masts)
Music -> Rum
Guest Star -> Parrot
Contracts -> Gold!

- Seth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Er... actually, I'm in Mexico. Sorry about the flag mishap; I had to change it for a trade, but it's back to normal now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
A friend and I were discussing a possible re-theming, the same exact game could be made into a Pirate game simply by replacing the following:

Movie -> Ship
Director -> Captain
Actor -> Crew
Special Effects -> Cannons
Camera crew -> Sails (masts)
Music -> Rum
Guest Star -> Parrot
Contracts -> Gold!

Seth, I already enjoy the theme of Traumfabrik, but I agree that the pirate theme could work and would be pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the files section. Several people have made custom tile sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.