David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Dragon Enterprises has Brass: Lancashire (Eagle-Gryphon 2nd Ed.) for $25.49, an awesome price. Shipping is extra, and there is no free-shipping threshold; however, they do give 5% discounts on orders of $100 or more.

WDE Marketplace Link: Brass

CSI, MM, and CH each have it for $38.99.

I would have jumped on it but I recently bought a used copy of the Warfrog 1st Edition.

(Edit for shipping and 5% discount information)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [White Dragon Enterprises] Brass $25.49 (CSI; MM; CH - $38.99)
nice write up.... only think missing is that I would suggest putting "+shipping" in the thread's subject... especially since WDE as far as I can tell does not have any free shipping threshold/option.

shipping would be from Seminole FL (between Clearwater and St. Petersburg)... Brass easily fits in a usps priority medium flat rate box, ~ $11 but I've no idea if WDE charges for packing material or handling.... and you can only get a shipping quote by contacting them.

also fwiw they appear to have other titles on sale as well...

http://www.wdeinc.com/

I see El Caballero for $14.99 and Valdora Extra for $8.49... but again w/out a free ship option most savings probably eaten up by shipping costs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
nice write up.... only think missing is that I would suggest putting "+shipping" in the thread's subject... especially since WDE as far as I can tell does not have any free shipping threshold/option.

shipping would be from Seminole FL (between Clearwater and St. Petersburg)... Brass easily fits in a usps priority medium flat rate box, ~ $11 but I've no idea if WDE charges for packing material or handling.... and you can only get a shipping quote by contacting them.

I see El Caballero for $14.99 and Valdora Extra for $8.49... but again w/out a free ship option most savings probably eaten up by shipping costs

They have $100 free shipping

nevermind, they changed their policy recently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

I edited for shipping information and their 5% discount on orders of $100 or more.

Never played El Caballero before. may have to look into that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DanKD wrote:

Damn, that sucks. They consistently had the cheapest prices on a lot of games. Ah well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
falluper wrote:
DanKD wrote:

Damn, that sucks. They consistently had the cheapest prices on a lot of games. Ah well.

No kidding! I've ordered multiple times but 5% off $100 doesn't even come close to offsetting shipping costs even with them offering a buck or two less than CSI/MM.

That's a real shame. The free shipping is the one thing that kept them competitive despite the awkward limitations of being a marketplace only seller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were obviously eating their lunch - or better put - having the customers eating their lunch with that free shipping nonsense.

Perhaps they can be looked at as a small business that provides something else another vendor can't. As a matter of fact, I'm going to buy something from them now.

NuMystic wrote:
falluper wrote:
DanKD wrote:

No kidding! I've ordered multiple times but 5% off $100 doesn't even come close to offsetting shipping costs even with them offering a buck or two less than CSI/MM.

That's a real shame. The free shipping is the one thing that kept them competitive despite the awkward limitations of being a marketplace only seller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
They were obviously eating their lunch - or better put - having the customers eating their lunch with that free shipping nonsense.

Perhaps they can be looked at as a small business that provides something else another vendor can't. As a matter of fact, I'm going to buy something from them now.

NuMystic wrote:
falluper wrote:
DanKD wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, they're a GREAT small business that I'm a huge fan of.

Unfortunately this means they're just not a competitive option for those of us who always place $100+ orders.

That said, with even further lowered prices they're going to easily be one of the very BEST sources for anyone placing small orders that would require shipping most other places anyway.

I'm entirely supportive of them doing whatever is best for their company and the majority of their customers. I'll be glad to continue sending folks their way when WD's price + shipping is their best option available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, this sucks re: the $100. Really, really sucks. I bought as much or more from them as any of the big guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.