Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Horton
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...but is there any news of the remaining characters being developed?
I'm always interested in Fan Expansions, and I've recently gotten into PnP, so I'm anxious to see if any characters are coming out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great to see someone showing interest in this. I haven't had my attention on it for quite some time. There are at least two more things in the pipeline (waiting on art, mostly because Fabio is super busy with other Lv99 projects).

1) Is an arena board (the battlefield) where you have to dodge falling catapult rocks AND battle your opponent

2) Is Uber Shihai - a Boss intended to be fought 3v1 modeled after the idea of taking the Almighty variant bases to the extreme (she has a totally unique set of bases balanced against having a team of 3 fighting her).

The other pending characters I can't confidently speak to the status of. If there's one or another you are particularly interested in that has been announced (the announced ones have art in the gallery here) I can try to get it's (most recent) test version put together into a PnP file and uploaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Horton
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the Arena and the Boss character sound neat, I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table

As far as which characters I'm interested in... All of them? I really enjoyed the uniqueness of the mechanics for Sol and Masika/Layla, and I guess I would be most interested in similarly unique characters. I don't know if I could be an accurate judge of my own interest based upon the awesome art alone...

If any of that helps any In any case, do not feel obligated to do anything. Thank you for all of the work you have already done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kazuma4321 wrote:

As far as which characters I'm interested in... All of them? I really enjoyed the uniqueness of the mechanics for Sol and Masika/Layla, and I guess I would be most interested in similarly unique characters.

In that case maybe you'll like Siorai - I had her last posted in the Accelerator Program thread (which I was using to try and crowd-source testing, which is what was holding up most of this project). She's the most unique one left to release.

Here's the link to the latest version of Siorai:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65274999/An%20Scath%20Si...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in Tacht. Any chance of seeing that one too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Horton
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the counter mechanic! She reminds me of a cross between Pendros and Tanis, two characters I like very much. Will be printed and added to game... TODAY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
I'm interested in Tacht. Any chance of seeing that one too?

I'll look at her current status and see if she's robust enough to pre-release like Siorai is. If so, I'll put her out over the weekend for you.

Also, thinking about it, I've never released Kara (the "title" character - she's a graffiti artist whose supposed to have be the one who drew the outcasts logo) so I'll get this fan-expansion back on my docket and, at the very least, get Kara pre-released as well. Her core mechanic is that, during the battle, she can "modify" (ie/ graffiti) three of her bases (she has 3 graffiti cards that are meant to be printed on transparencies that you slide into the sleeve overtop of the base your chose to modify). Once modified that base remains modded until the end of the match.

So that's a plan

Thanks again for the interest folks - it's when people show interest and discuss and ask for more that I feel like this whole project was a worthwhile investment of time and effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Horton
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad we reignited the spark You've done great work so far, and I know I'm looking forward to seeing the rest you decide to upload.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My weekend is shaping up to be busy, so I don't know if I'll get time to make up print sheets for Kara and Tacht, but I did find their latest test versions. So, for those of you who are curious, interested, here's what is in the pipeline for them:

Note: Tacht is my wife's character (my only contribution is fine tuning and balancing). The concept was based on a character of hers from a D&D game we played in a few years ago. The unique ability and general design principles of the BattleCON character are informed by her playstyle preferences (you can probably guess which BC characters she likes as Tacht emulates their style).

Tacht Dubhanuith
Strangling Flower

The Wild Fey: Whenever Tacht's unique base, Vines, is in her discard she is considered to be Wild. While she is Wild she has +2 Power, -1 Priority. Abilities and effects on her styles which require 'Wild' are also in effect. At the end of beat, if Tact is Wild and is not within Range 1-2 of an opponent she loses 2 life.

STYLES
Otherworld (Discard 1)
Range 1-2
Power -2
Priority 2

Start of Beat: Retreat up to 2 spaces
On Hit, Wild: If the opponent is adjacent to you, they are stunned.

Dark Healing (Discard 2)
Range 0-2
Power -1
Priority 0

Reveal: Opponents in range have -2 Power this beat.
On Hit: The opponent loses 1 life and you recover 1 life.
On Damage, Wild: The opponent loses 1 life and you recover 1 life.

Entangled
Range 1-3
Power -1
Priority 1

Start of Beat: Opponents in Range 1-2 cannot move this beat.
On Hit: The opponent has -2 Power next beat.

Unnatural
Range 0
Power -2
Priority 2

End of Beat: Opponents in Range of this attack have -2 Power next beat.

Ageless
Range 0-1
Power 0
Priority 0

Opponents with the same base in their attack pair as you do not hit or deal damage to you this beat.
Before Activating, Wild: You may move adjacent to an opponent in range. If you do, gain +1 Power.

UNIQUE BASE
Vines
Range 0-1
Power 3
Priority 4

While this is in your discard you are Wild.
End of Beat: Move all opponents out of range to within 3 spaces of you.

OVERDRIVE
Constriction
Range 1-2
Power 4
Priority 5

This attack hits all opponents in Range.
On Hit: The opponent may choose to lose 5 life. If they do not, they have -1 Power, -2 Priority until Tacht is defeated.

Kara Whyte
Graffiti Artist

Graffiti Master: Kara has 3 `Graffito' cards in her pool. When she reveals her `Tagged' style she chooses a Graffito card from her pool. The base she revealed is permanently modified by the Graffito card she linked to it. The Graffito card associated with that Base is treated as a second style every time she reveals that base (it is removed from her Pool and placed on top of that base)

GRAFFITO CARDS:
Slash
+1 Priority, -1 Power
Start of Beat: Opponents who reveal the same base as you have -2 Power this beat.

Bomb
-1 Priority, +2 Power
After Activating: If you did not hit with this attack lose 1 life.

Hollow
+0~1 Range
Before Activating: Move up to 1 space.

STYLES
Chromatic
Range +0-2
Power -2
Priority +1

On Hit: The opponents style is ignored for the rest of the beat.

Blinding
Range +0-2
Power -1
Priority +0

Start of Beat: All opponents in range have -1 Power this beat.
On Hit: The opponent has -1 Power, -1 Priority next beat.

Scratch
Range +1-2
Power -1
Priority +1

On Hit: Push the opponent as far as possible keeping them in Range of your attack.
After Activating: Move up to 1 space.

Marked
Range +1~2
Power +0
Priority +1

After each opponent moves you may perform the same movement (e.g. if an opponent advances 2 with Drive then you may advance 2)
End of Beat: Retreat up to 1 space

Tagging
Range +0~2
Power +0
Priority +0

Reveal: Choose a Graffito card you have not used this game and apply it to the base paired with this style. The Graffito card is applied to that base, whenever you reveal it for the rest of the game.
Before Activating: Retreat 1 space

UNIQUE BASE
Cannons
Range 1
Power 3
Priority 4

Before Activating: Pull all opponents 1 space.
After Activating: Push all opponents in range 2 spaces.

OVERDRIVE
Spray Bomb
Range 1-2
Power 4
Priority 5

Return all Graffito cards to your pool. For the rest of the match, while they are in your pool their effects are all applied to your attack pair each round (including this attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While cleaning my Dropbox (I'm *way* over limit) I found Ashara's latest version. I'm not sure how solid it is (I think this was the last thing the team had been working on before life intervened on this project). However, I (as with everything) welcome thoughts, comments and feedback

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65274999/Ashara%20Cards....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are all great!

I actually think these are better than some of the fate of indines characters.

I'd love to see the rest, especially in this format so i canwhip up a print-and-play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Horton
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1
Quote:
These are all great!

And I don't own Fate or War, but these are certainly going to be welcome additions to Devastation as I save for both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those three are the last of the characters I created (there were some other people involved in this, but for various reasons their characters didn't get as far along as mine -- I had access to robust testing with my wife which helped a lot).

I'll try to put Tacht and Kara into card format so you can print and play them (and if they hold together well enough I'll upload them properly to BGG).

The only things left then, that I had promised, are Uber Shihai (I'll bother Fabio tonight to see how the art is coming along - he's plugging away at it in his free time) which is the 3v1 mode and the Battlefield Arena (also being plugged away at by Fabio). I'll keep you both updated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh wait! There is one more character - Kyra and Carla (the twins). I didn't like, at all, where they ended up... I'll do some digging in my notes and see if I can't come up with a satisfactory solution (being a more experienced game designer now than I was then) to the problems I was encountering with them (i.e. they were becoming too complex).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hurrah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Horton
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made tuckboxes for An Sorath Sorai, Sol, Masika/Layla, and Ashara (in the style of the Devestation and War Character Select Screen http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101120/battlecon-devastati...)

I have no idea how to upload them I'll do so as soon as I figure it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing! You should be able to go to the File Section on the Outcasts page and click "add new". When you upload everything it will have to go through the admin's mod system before it shows up for the public.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Hoekstra
msg tools
mbmbmb
Shame not all of the characters were properly finished I'm gonna have a go at the ones that were tho, thanks alot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.