United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the card:

Have runners found it useful, especially in conjunction with cards like Wanton Destruction or Vigil? Have corps been frustrated to play against it? I haven't seen it played in my meta, but it seems potentially strong, especially in Valencia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Zebadiah wrote:
Here is the card:

Have runners found it useful, especially in conjunction with cards like Wanton Destruction or Vigil? Have corps been frustrated to play against it? I haven't seen it played in my meta, but it seems potentially strong, especially in Valencia.

I was Blue Sun, he was Valencia. I had no Currents in my deck, and all 1-pointers already scored. He gave me 3 bad publicity (1 per Valencia and two more), then played Itinerant Protesters.

Having a hand size of 2 in a kill deck that relies on having at least three essential cards in hand is...well, it isn't great, I'll tell you that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played against Valencia once but she gave me 4 bad pub in the first 5 turns then played Itinerant Protesters. I didn't stand a chance.

After that I put corp currents in every deck to avoid that scenario repeating itself. Bad pub removal is another possibility but its less versatile if you don't get any bad pub.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
I was looking to stick in a current in my Kim deck just to counter Housekeeping. Deckspace is just that janky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AsteriskCGY wrote:
I was looking to stick in a current in my Kim deck just to counter Housekeeping. Deckspace is just that janky.
You could use Scrubbed instead of Itinerant Protesters. It's great to remove Housekeeping or Enhanced Login Protocol, and Kim could probably use the -2 str on the first Ice to good effect.

Regarding IP though, no one in my area has tried a Valencia deck at our game nights, so I really don't know how it is. Personally I'm having a hard time building a Valencia deck I feel is worth testing out... There are a lot of easy ways to remove bad publicity. Blue Sun is very popular in my area, and most of those decks have been adjusted to include an Elizabeth Mills and some Executive Bootcamps to search for her
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played against a couple of Valencias running it on OCTGN and have found it much less painful than I was expecting. It needs 3+ bad pub to really bite, and Investigative Journalism is so slow that by the time they're set up with that you've known it's coming for ages. Combined with the fact that you get a turn to sort out your hand after they play it before you need to discard and it's pretty easy to play around, at least for non-kill decks. I can see how the poster above had bigger problems facing it with tag n bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wanderingmystic
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i made a valencia deck just for fun, and i have to parrot what others have said. it's VERY slow. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but finding the time to sack a whole turn into IJ is really tough. I'd almost rather run more and use Frame Job and still have half a turn to act. that being said, if you can get to that point, protesters is quite strong. I've generally felt that the rule of current cost = current power is generally true to form.

as a blue sun player, i love elizabeth mills. she's better than running veteran's program in most cases, certain more efficient than witness tampering. And the best part is you can use your scoring server to cycle her in between agendas. My blue sun takes advantage of her abilities by running some illicit ice and agendas that give bad pub for money, just in case I'm not up against a BP-inducing runner.
But I can see how valencia would really put the hurt on a corp that doesn't include some form of BP removal, say Jinteki or HB (NBN will eventually get Exposé).

I'm very curious to see how this deck holds up in the long run. It really hurts NAPD scoring, and it has serious potential like all the anarch virus counter-based shenanigans to affect the meta in the long term. Will exposé/cyberdex be must haves for corps in the future like plascrete has been for runners. It'll be interesting to see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls