Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I just purchased a copy of the game that is missing the rules and the board. I already printed the rules and managed to print an over-sized version of the board that someone uploaded here (with the misspelled word). I also purchased a copy of the nicely updated cards from Artscow.

So... what I am trying to do now is go a little 3D. I bought 5 micro machines AT-AT's and 5 snowspeeders (also micro machines). What else would you recommend? I saw someone post something about a Risk game, but don't know what is pulled from it. Any other sources you've used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk: Star Wars Original Trilogy Edition has plenty of rebel troops, stormtroopers, snowspeeders, and AT-STs. There's a decent Battle of Hoth model that came out several years ago (link to pics/review) that will score you some laser turrets and more snowtroopers and rebels. Unfortunately, you'd need 2 sets to get 6 laser turrets, and they are a bit pricey on ebay ($30-199). Micro Machines always work too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks for the suggestions. I have purchased an array of different miniatures from across the board and will try to figure out what combination works best for the map I printed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neophitz
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Send some pics of your micro machine setup. I would like to see how it looks. I am very pleased with my super size version, but the scale definitely is out of whack. I considered and actually purchased some micro machine figures but never used them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am all over the board right now with what I'm getting. I have a few pieces in right now and they are not in scale with each other. I think I may go after the more expensive action fleet AT-ATs as they look bigger than what I have. I'm waiting though, because I just won the Risk Star Wars game and want to see whats in there. When I get some more stuff, I'll post some pics for size comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You can pretty much replace all the tokens and addthe shield generator using the micro machines

No they are not perfectly to scale, but its a wargame not a model diorama
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.