United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the pictures released for the game, I have compiled the following list of painted miniatures. Please note the components list has 40 miniatures and the picture has 42 miniatures. So please don't take the quantities listed below as gospel.

Heroes (5):
From the same "Icons of the Realms" Starter Pack (minus Drizzt)
1x HALFLING ROGUE
1x NORTHLANDS FIGHTER
1x ELF WIZARD
1x HUMAN RANGER
1x DWARF CLERIC

Monsters (37):
1x Ettin (Elemental Evil)
1x Black Shadow Dragon (Tyranny of Dragons)
1x Salamander (Elemental Evil)
1x Fire Elemental (Elemental Evil)
1x Air Elemental (Elemental Evil)
1x Earth Elemental (Elemental Evil)
1x Water Elemental (Elemental Evil)
3x Fire Bat (Elemental Evil)
3x Doppleganger (Tyranny of Dragons)
3x Gnoll Fighter (Elemental Evil)
3x Bugbear (Tyranny of Dragons)
3x Troglodyte (Elemental Evil)
3x Air Cult Warrior (Elemental Evil)
3x Water Cult Warrior (Elemental Evil)
3x Fire Cult Warrior (Elemental Evil)
3x Earth Cult Warrior (Elemental Evil)
3x Hobgoblin Fighter (Tyranny of Dragons)

Peter Lee and/or Chris Dupuis, any clarifications would be most helpful. Upsell that miniatures line!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the icons of the realm starter pack--are the monsters and villains for sale somewhere online? Hopefully not in blind purchase packages, but where you can actually order and buy what you want???

Just a thought if anyone from Wizards reads this--I know that the cost of including pre-painted miniatures would make the game cost prohibitive and that many people prefer to paint their own miniatures. However, I am sure that there are also many people like me who would be willing to pay more for a "Deluxe Edition" which included pre-painted miniatures or make some sort of expansion pack available where you could purchase all of the miniatures pre-painted.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michael4928 wrote:
I have the icons of the realm starter pack--are the monsters and villains for sale somewhere online? Hopefully not in blind purchase packages, but where you can actually order and buy what you want???

Just a thought if anyone from Wizards reads this--I know that the cost of including pre-painted miniatures would make the game cost prohibitive and that many people prefer to paint their own miniatures. However, I am sure that there are also many people like me who would be willing to pay more for a "Deluxe Edition" which included pre-painted miniatures or make some sort of expansion pack available where you could purchase all of the miniatures pre-painted.

Michael

For the minis,the wizkids boosters pack are random.

i will prefer illustrated cards before having prepainted minis in a deluxe box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
michael4928 wrote:

There are a number of on-line stores that sell single miniatures. This normally works out cheaper than buying booster packs.

Here are two sites in the U.S.
Miniature Market
Troll and Toad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure about the black shadow dragon? I thought it was the black dragon from the new EE set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I only count 37 monster figures......inst there supposed to be 40?

What are the other 3?

Ghoul EE?
Owl bear EE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cashtool wrote:
Based on the pictures released for the game, I have compiled the following list of painted miniatures. Please note the components list has 40 miniatures and the picture has 42 miniatures. So please don't take the quantities listed below as gospel.

Thanks for this Thomas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Thanks for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 42 minis in the image below. The Black Dragon from EE has a wing pointing straight up, whereas the Black Shadow Dragon from ToD has wings parallel to the ground.

For those interested, just search online for individual minis. Coolstuffinc, eBay, miniature market, etc. I'm sure you'll find them by the release date. The EE set was just released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the prepainted heroes are awfull....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:

Unfortunately, that is true but the paint quality of the minis in the other sets is actually good. It's just too bad the heroes are not up to snuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard C.
United States
Monterey Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cygnus2112 wrote:
Belsamoreth wrote:

Unfortunately, that is true but the paint quality of the minis in the other sets is actually good. It's just too bad the heroes are not up to snuff.

For me, I actually like some of the other older D&D / Pathfinder miniatures for some of these monsters - for example, there is a much more detailed (and better painted) Ettin that is available... same for the Elementals...

Still, I am excited this set is coming out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cashtool wrote:

Monsters (37):
1x Ettin (Elemental Evil)
1x Black Shadow Dragon (Tyranny of Dragons)
1x Salamander (Elemental Evil)
1x Fire Elemental (Elemental Evil)
1x Air Elemental (Elemental Evil)
1x Earth Elemental (Elemental Evil)
1x Water Elemental (Elemental Evil)

so i guess those are all the vilains of the game.
I am not sure about the story of this new game (wich doesn't seems to be related at all to the old pc game/rpg module "temple of elemental evil"),but maybe there will be a "human" boss or something?
or are we just fighting some cultists and then the things they have summoned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
I am not sure about the story of this new game (wich doesn't seems to be related at all to the old pc game/rpg module "temple of elemental evil"),but maybe there will be a "human" boss or something?

It looks like they've just cut out Zuggtmoy completely, unless she would be represented by a token or instant failure condition. Which would be a bit lame.

Unless there's a mini of her we haven't seen yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
If not in the base game, maybe they'll release Zuggtmoy as a promo card/mini? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
db-one wrote:
Belsamoreth wrote:

It looks like they've just cut out Zuggtmoy completely, unless she would be represented by a token or instant failure condition. Which would be a bit lame.

Unless there's a mini of her we haven't seen yet.

i am not sure why she should be in the game?
isn't she related to the old "temple of elemental evil" storyline?

there's nothing about her here:
"Called by the Elder Elemental Eye to serve, four corrupt prophets have risen from the depths of anonymity to claim mighty weapons with direct links to the power of the elemental princes. Each of these prophets has assembled a cadre of cultists and creatures to serve them in the construction of four elemental temples of lethal design. It is up to adventurers from heroic factions such as the Emerald Enclave and the Order of the Gauntlet to discover where the true power of each prophet lay, and dismantle it before it comes boiling up to obliterate the Realms."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lee
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The list looks correct, Cashtool. The black dragon is indeed the same sculpt as the shadow dragon, but it is black plastic and not translucent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Grand Rapids
MI
flag msg tools
Dungeons & Dragons Board Games Fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Lee wrote:
The list looks correct, Cashtool. The black dragon is indeed the same sculpt as the shadow dragon, but it is black plastic and not translucent.

Peter,

Does the black dragon also have the same name as in Attack Wing? Is his name Umberlis on the villain card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lee
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the dragon's name is not Umberlis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:

i am not sure why she should be in the game?
isn't she related to the old "temple of elemental evil" storyline?

I don't believe anyone was claiming she should be in the game. We were discussing the differences in storyline from the original module. If you were referring to my "Which would be a bit lame" comment, that was if she was represented by a token or failure condition. I couldn't care less if she is in the game or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hartloff
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this list.. Gen Con is a great place to pick these up, and most will be very, very cheap. There are many vendors who just have bins of these out for you to pick through (for those who didn't know). I am guessing that there are lists like this for the other games in the series as well?
My best friend as changed all of his over, but he was able to grab them from his massive collection of all the minis he got from buying boosters.. I on the other hand, did not buy them, so will have to start from scratch.
Thank you again for you effort in this, it is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I priced these out as singles on miniature market and just for the monsters I got $122.50 that plus the cost of the game makes it a little cost prohibitive for me

1x Ettin (Elemental Evil) $4
1x Black Shadow Dragon (Tyranny of Dragons) $6
1x Salamander (Elemental Evil) $11
1x Fire Elemental (Elemental Evil) $5
1x Air Elemental (Elemental Evil) $4
1x Earth Elemental (Elemental Evil) $4.25
1x Water Elemental (Elemental Evil) $4.00
3x Fire Bat (Elemental Evil) $8.25
3x Doppleganger (Tyranny of Dragons) $6
3x Gnoll Fighter (Elemental Evil) $15
3x Bugbear (Tyranny of Dragons) $3.50
3x Troglodyte (Elemental Evil) $7.50
3x Air Cult Warrior (Elemental Evil) $9
3x Water Cult Warrior (Elemental Evil) $5
3x Fire Cult Warrior (Elemental Evil) $12
3x Earth Cult Warrior (Elemental Evil) $9
3x Hobgoblin Fighter (Tyranny of Dragons) $9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A.
msg tools
I plan to paint mine myself as I did with the Castle Ravenloft game. It isn't that difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Voucko
Montenegro
Igalo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also still painting minis, from LOD and TOEE as I only have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.