Subject: Simple CW storage idea - riser for plastic insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's another idea for storing everything in the Cthulhu Wars box (at least until the expansions arrive) - create a riser to make the best use of the space under the stock plastic insert / blast shield.

I created a 36mm riser from simply gluing and nailing lengths of 18mm x 18mm pine strip together (that's a standard size over here).

Here are some photos:

You can see here that with the riser in then the insert is flush with the top of the box.

You can also see that I store the King in Yellow in Cthulhu's hole - it sits in the hole flush with the top even though it doesn't look like it from the photo.

You can also pack the box upside down which I actually find to be an easier/better way to get everything in. The riser then prevents the insert from falling when the box is inverted again.

(You get it to this point by putting the box over the top of the loaded insert, then holding the insert from underneath and the box from the top, you flip them both over. )

Anyway just a simple idea which I thought others might be interested in seeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Very elegant solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crawford
Australia
Invermay
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work Robert. Simple but functional. Good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Dillard
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Simply inverting the insert it a stroke of genius! The riser is icing on the cake. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.