Hide
12 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Q for Binder Users rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Martina
msg tools
It's true - those us that love this game can be a bit OCD in protecting our cards. So advance apologies for the repetitive nature of some of these threads.

I've decided to move from box to binders to support easier deck building.

My question is for those of you that use binders: with a complete card set to date, including two cores, what size binders are you using for corp/runner factions (assuming you use two binders), and what size will support 6 full cycles? (I only want to do this once in the next few years.)

Second, for those of you that organize them in single binder per faction, is a 1" binder big enough to hold all cards (3 per slot on a 9 card Ultrapro page), with room to expand for the next 3 cycles?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A 1" binder per faction should leave plenty of room to expand. I have just one binder each for corp and runner, and only recently had to upgrade past 1" because space in the corp binder was getting tight. (All cards unsleeved)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Martina
msg tools
Very, Helpful - thanks Mychal. I assume you can fit multiple copies of each card in the 9 slot pages? How many sheets do you need? I count about 100 total 9 card sheets with current releases - does that seem about right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 1 inch binder for each faction and then 1 for Runner neutrals and 1 for Corporation neutrals (9 total). I keep all my cards sleeved in Mayday premium greens and fit a playset of cards per slot. I then store my binders open-side down/spine-side up in a rubbermaid crate. It makes my OCD happy. Needless to say, there's plenty of room for more expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 cards per slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use two 3" binders, one for corp and one for runner. Within those, they are sorted by faction, and by type. They were originally also sorted alphabetically, but I can't be bothered to maintain that.

I bought a 100-pack of 3x3 sleeve pages, and I still have a dozen or so left in the box. A standard card sleeve will easily hold three copies of a card. Maybe 6, but it would be tight. I don't put my cards back-to-back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 cards per slot (back to back) here. I use a 2" binder currently holding both factions. Eventually I will break it into two separate binders for corp/runner but it hasn't been necessary just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cable
msg tools
My set up is 4 2" binders, ~two factions per binder (ie Criminal/Shaper, Anarch/Neutral, Weyland/HB, NBN/Jinteki/Neutral) I sleeve all my cards before they go into the binder pages, so I do 3 copies of a card all facing one direction on a page. I have 3 core sets and every expansion, and my binders are bursting at the seams. This is probably the most extreme example of size you'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two 2" binders right now, they're getting pretty full. I may migrate to two 3" binders soon.

Also: binders are pretty cheap, and it's not difficult or time-consuming to move binder pages from one to another. I suggest figuring out a storage system that works for you now, rather than spending a lot worrying about a storage system that will work forever. If you have to replace the binders, you can always recycle your netrunner binders for another card game or project. They're useful to have around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
I have two 2" binders right now, they're getting pretty full. I may migrate to two 3" binders soon.

May I ask how you're storing your cards that 4" worth of binder space is already getting pretty full? Are you sleeving one card per slot? Do you own multiple copies of everything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently switched to binders. I have one 1.5" binder for each faction, including neutrals. I have three cores and two of everything else, and this fits everything comfortably. Even the most full binders could have their contents doubled before needing more space, so I feel pretty confident in the longevity of this solution. Now that all of my deckbuilding is electronic, it makes it much easier and faster to tear down a deck, put it away, and build the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They might be 1.5" binders, I don't have them in front of me and I don't think they say.

I have 3 cores and 1 of each data pack and deluxe, sleeved with every copy of a card in one slot. There is one with nine globalsecs, it was a very tight fit.

I have things sorted by faction and then card type, which means that some pages aren't full.

I have a runner and a corp binder, the corp one is the one that's close to full, although I can probably do five or ten more pages in it.

And again, they're not in front of me, it's possible I'm remembering them being more full than they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.