Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, the concept is simple. After the United States collapses an inevitable period of fracturing leads to a COIN struggle among various factions.

Think Red Dawn plus Fortress America meets COIN.

One player might represent the U.N. occupation forces deployed in the major urban areas. One player might represent a puppet regime of collaborationists established in the Pacific Northwest (Republic of Cascadia, anyone?) after the government falls. One player might represent loyal American insurgents ("Wolverines!") attempting to continue the struggle in the western portion of the country. Another player might represent one of the aggressor nations (perhaps a Mercosur alliance from Latin America) trying to mop up pockets of resistance while expanding its territory.

The specific details of each faction are not crucial to the design; the most important element would be creating a dynamic play experience. A few years ago I was tinkering with something called "Sweet Land of Liberty" using the board and miniatures from Fortress America... but I wasn't clever enough to develop a system like the GMT COIN Series:

Anyway, this article isn't about my misguided efforts.

This could be an interesting -- and potentially controversial! -- subject for a COIN design. All we need now is a willing conflict simulation craftsman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sevigny
United States
Washington
D.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as it includes the economic system from
you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.