Subject: Suggestion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
I just wanted to make sure I'm not confused about Suggestion.

Attack: Spend your Target Token and place 2 DT on this Upgrade to force 1 Creature at Range 1 - 2 in your forward arc to receive the Continuous Effect below.

Continuous Effect: You may choose the affected Creature's Actions and forms of attack this round. You may choose something that is ineffective or out of Range if possible. The Creature still chooses how to implement the chosen Actions and may still choose whom it will attack. When this Effect ends for any reason, discard this card.

It looks like the end result of the effect would be that the casting creature would get to choose the form of attack as well as the action of the affected creature for potentially two turns, depending on when spell was cast.
My confusion is caused by the first sentence of the continuous effect. By saying "this round," it would lead me to believe that it is just a one turn effect.
I'm guessing that if the spell targets a creature that hasn't attacked during the turn it's affected by Suggestion, that the casting creature would get to choose the form of attack that turn, as well as the action and attack form in the following turn.
Am I correct in this?
Thanks in advance.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the way I read it, but really you just want to put that card back in your binder. No point confusing people or dragons or making me spend my Legendary Resistance to get rid of its effect. Now it may go well in one of my builds, it's much more my style than yours anyways. Let me be that guy that used Suggestion, while you keep your reputation for honorable play intact.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, with a Continuous Effect the phrase "this round" refers to the current round that the Effect is taking place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Tacullu64 wrote:
That is the way I read it, but really you just want to put that card back in your binder.

Unfortunately there is no binder...
So I may just have to investigate this "Suggestion thing" a little further. Don't tell anyone though. ;D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, you can attack your own creatures. If using Suggestion I choose an attack form that the only valid target is one of his own units, must he attack? Or can he choose not to attack at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max POWER
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:
As I recall, you can attack your own creatures. If using Suggestion I choose an attack form that the only valid target is one of his own units, must he attack? Or can he choose not to attack at all?

I would be interested to know the answer to this as well. On a related note, if I attack my own creature am I forced to roll defense dice or do I have the option of forgoing some or all of my defense dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall, you can choose no attack, but if you do choose to make an attack, the figure owner gets to choose the target...and I'm assuming that means it could choose no target, on one that's clearly out of range or not within the attack arc.

The bigger question would be with a cone attack. I'd think that the owner could only choose which game level to make the attack at...ground or flying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Note that the spell caster chooses the form of the attack, not the target of the attack. This would indicate to me that the caster could, for example, choose a ranged attack, while the owner of the creature under the continuous effect would then be free to nominate any target.
I'm guessing with an area effect attack, the owner of the attacking creature would choose air, ground, or no attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great questions for the Rules Forum, but I just wanted to jump in here to clarify that if the "Suggester" chooses a form of attack, the attacking creature must make that attack, although the attacking creature chooses the target (or play level in the case of a cone).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.