Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my figures came with two "peg" connectors and no "hole", so I was unable to assemble its combat dial.

Wizkids has a support page where you can request parts and replacements, but there's no description of the parts and I just had to try and guess what their name for the thing I needed was. There were three "connector" options; "set", "male", and "female". I'm assuming that that's what they call the black plastic pieces that hold the combat dial together, but I can't know for sure. Logically, I'd assume that the "hole" piece I'm missing is the female connector, but I requested a set to try and be on the safe side.

Even more annoying, they didn't actually have the product in question listed. It was the Half-Black Dragon from a blind booster, and they only listed the figures that are available at retail. I used the Dwarven Siege weapon as a proxy, but their system is very explicit that they'll only ever do one replacement per product. So if I ever do have a problem with my siege weapon, I'm SOL. I guess I'm just lucky that it was a generic part and not something specific to the figure.

I submitted the request back on Saturday, and have heard nothing back from them. I didn't even get an automated email confirming the request!

This is one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with seeking support from a boardgame publisher. I've contacted plenty of other publishers in the past, from small indies and kickstarters up to big companies like FFG, Z-Man, and Days of Wonder. Everything from broken miniatures to missing cards to moldy pawns (Pandemic, appropriately enough). Every other company has made it very easy to get in contact with them via email without having to jump through a bunch of hoops, and without exception they've taken care of me.

And then there's Wizkids. No email to be found anywhere. Have to sign up for an account on their website, choose an item similar to the item I'm having a problem with, try and guess what to call the specific plastic bit I need replaced, have no response, and if anything goes wrong (never shows up, wrong piece, etc), I have absolutely no recourse because there's no way for me to get in contact with a human being!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
I had a similar experience with my wyvern expansion.
I think it's been well over a month ago that I sent my e-mail, and I haven't had any response yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Fourie
South Africa
flag msg tools
I've had the same experience with the dice from my starter set.

I've been trying to contact them for a month now and I've not received a single reply.

Ernst
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
The games designers read these pages, so perhaps they can speak to whoever can help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ducimus
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had sent in an inquiry about a month ago and didnt hear back. This is in stark contrast to the three or four times I sent stuff for replacement with dicemasters stuff. In those cases everything was done super fast and they sent some op stuff as a bonus. I've always had really good customer service from wiz kids so I'm a little surprised to not hear anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teos Abadia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The support page does have an e-mail link.

"You can contact wkreplacements@necaonline.com with any questions on a specific package. Include the package number in all communications."

Have you tried contacting them?

I do agree that the description of the parts is more than a bit wierd. I had a similar situation where the OP prize was missing a part. Figuring out what I needed was pretty much impossible. I chose another mini and every part that could match. That's probably good feedback to share with them via the e-mail, if you can.

The issue of having a later problem with a mini you chose isn't a thing, since they don't actually replace something that happens later. They only replace something that is broken or missing at the moment of purchase. I still find their policy and the site to be amongst the best I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had two experiences with WizKids, both of which were negative.

First one was when I bought Mage Knight, the game was missing Day/Night cards pack, I've contacted them several times, through e-mail or the support, I was promised the pack would be sent out, but it never arrived. I think the process took more than a month, dozen of emails sent to them and a lot of time wasted.

The second time was when I bought HeroClix scenario box from Fear Itself. The Iron Man mini was missing its clix dial. Well, this one was more simple, they simply didn't have it, so they couldn't send me a new one - either the miniature OR the dial. Whoopy!

It's probably one of the most dreadful companies you have to deal with, but hey - the stuff they release is pretty good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game designers are just that, game designers. I'm not sure how they could help with replacement parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Yeah Wizkids customer support is anything but good. And it's the reason I've stopped buying Heroclix boosters.

I just got tired of pulling broken characters that can't be replaced or fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just showed up today, with no fanfare.

Quote:

Created: 2015-02-28

Mailed to WizKids: n/a

Received by WizKids: 2015-02-28

Resolved: 2015-03-31

Incidentally, I emailed them a couple times, never got a response. Also tweeted at them, and they told me to message them on facebook, but I don't have facebook, and they never responded again when I asked for an email address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had nothing but positive experiences with WizKids support. I've needed a Balagos card and some of the black dial pegs replaced from one of the dragon expansions. Their product replacement website is very straight forward, and the materials have arrived with reasonable speed. True, there wasn't any communication from them, but I didn't feel that that was particularly necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ducimus
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a followup, they did get back to me, much slower than for my dicemasters stuff but overall my customer service experience has been excellent, especially for replacement parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lucretius galnodel
msg tools
I utilized the product replacement on some Tyranny of Dragons figures, to which I finally received my replacement package. To my dismay, my rare blue dragon had been replaced by an uncommon green dragon. Their policy clearly states: "Figures will be replaced with a figure from the same set with the same rarity. If no such figure is available, a replacement of the same rarity from the next set for that brand (Marvel, DC, etc.) will be used instead." I am still waiting to hear back from their customer support in regard to this matter. I had read this thread previously, and hoped that I would not be among those with support problems. The worst part about it was that it wasn't even the figure that was damage, but simply the black base had a defect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a good experience. I was missing a part and filled out the form and it arrived within a week. Now, the part I was missing was just one of the plastic pieces for a maneuver dial, but it was still a good experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.