Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob
United States
La Plata
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Ops Point chart lists a cost of 1 Ops "per -1 DRM per unit" whereas the Movement Attrition table states "[-1] per OP expended to avoid attrition (all units in area)".

This seems like a contradiction, am I paying 1 ops point for each individual unit (and applying the DRM ONLY to the individual unit(s)) or does paying the 1 ops cost give all units in an area a -1 on movement attrition checks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
goodpoints wrote:
The Ops Point chart lists a cost of 1 Ops "per -1 DRM per unit" whereas the Movement Attrition table states "[-1] per OP expended to avoid attrition (all units in area)".

This seems like a contradiction, am I paying 1 ops point for each individual unit (and applying the DRM ONLY to the individual unit(s)) or does paying the 1 ops cost give all units in an area a -1 on movement attrition checks.

Hi Jacob,

The Movement Attrition Table is correct. The OPs Point chart has fallen foul of a rules change during development. I'll add this to the errata.

Thanks

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
La Plata
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer, Andy!

Seems like that's the only point of confusion I have, though I did notice another apparent contradiction that could cause some confusion that isn't in the errata. 6.2 on stacking says the stacking limit of forces occupying an area is "the number of units that can occupy an area is 3x the number", this is meant to be 'number of SP in area = 3x the number', correct? I believe 3xSP is what's listed in the 'rules gotchas' (and seems to make sense).

I'm sure I'll be writing a session report or review when I'm finished with this game as I'm just so impressed how much important and oft-ignored historical detail you managed to include. For now, I'll just mention how awesome the Gendarmes ability is!

Cheers,
Jacob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
goodpoints wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer, Andy!

Seems like that's the only point of confusion I have, though I did notice another apparent contradiction that could cause some confusion that isn't in the errata. 6.2 on stacking says the stacking limit of forces occupying an area is "the number of units that can occupy an area is 3x the number", this is meant to be 'number of SP in area = 3x the number', correct? I believe 3xSP is what's listed in the 'rules gotchas' (and seems to make sense).

I'm sure I'll be writing a session report or review when I'm finished with this game as I'm just so impressed how much important and oft-ignored historical detail you managed to include. For now, I'll just mention how awesome the Gendarmes ability is!

Cheers,
Jacob

You're absolutely right about the stacking being 3 x the number in SPs. I'll add the clarification - thanks.

And thanks for your kind comments, I'd really appreciate it if you could write a review/session report.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.