Vi Dang
msg tools
Hi everyone!

I just recently got into descent and I absolutely love it. I've been meaning to learn how to program an app for a while so I decided to make an app tracker for this game.

here is a link to the google play listing

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.affinitega...

It keeps track of your skills, items, gold, experience, and campaign progression.

I don't have information from the expansions because I don't have any yet, and I don't know how they work. If you guys like my app, then I'd be happy to update it.

I hope you guys like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks promising, but it's missing some essential features.

You already mentioned the expansions, you can find all the info you need [url=http://descent2e.wikia.com/wiki/Descent:_Journeys_in_the_Dark_(Second_Edition)_Wiki]here[/url].

Gold is actually shared between heroes, not owned by individual heroes.

Also, if you're adding expansions, you should add Plot decks (and purchased cards), Rumor quests and Rumor cards, Allies and ally skills, Corrupted Citizens...

Overall: good job on a first version, and I'd like to see it improved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elder Basilisk
msg tools
I downloaded it. I'll try it and try to post some feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same- I second the suggestions above, but thank you! Great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looks useful, but I currently have no need for it until it has all the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vi Dang
msg tools
Thanks for checking it out guys!

I checked out the wiki you listed and there's a lot of info on the new heroes and skills, so adding those shouldn't be much of a problem. I couldn't find the relic or items though (except for the shadow of nerekhall). Is there a good resource for those?

I also can't find any info on rumor cards, plot decks and such.

If I have all of the info on the items and cards, I can easily add them in. I think figuring out how to add the quest log items without making it too crowded will be harder. Also, Do the expansions still play 8 quest campaigns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great idea. Love it!

What about having the app automatically divvy out exp & other rewards based on who wins each quest? Anything to reduce tapping is welcomed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Haak

Fargo
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmb
first impression looks promising but you should be able to add the heroes from expansions to the heroes list with hopefully modest effort

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Casjens
Germany
Wardenburg
flag msg tools
Eala Frya Fresena
badge
Chalcography of the East Frisian coat of arms showing the signs of the families of the six most important east frisian chieftains.
mbmbmbmbmb
dangitsvi wrote:
[..] Also, Do the expansions still play 8 quest campaigns?

I suggest you'll have a look at some of the campaign trackers in the download section. They should show you everything you need to know about the structure of each campaign.

But here are some infos:
Both of the big box extensions (Labyrinth and Nerekhall) each contain a campaign of 9 quests (Introduction, 3x Act 1, Interlude, 3x Act 2, Final), but their quest selection rules differ from the ones in the Shadow Rune campaign.

But by throwing in one or more of the smaller extensions or the monster packs, you'll add rumour cards, which add some additional quests to the campaign. That usually means 1 more quest (rumour quests) in Act 1 and 2. I guess you actually could add even more rumour quests (up to 3 per act?) but I wouldn't consider that case for a first implementation...
Well, those rumour quests are optional and they don't count against the 3 quests per act rule. But as always the winner choses the next quest and the outcome of the act 1 quest decides which of the available rumour quests of act 2 will be available.

The small box extensions can either be played as rumour quests in a campaign or as a mini campaign, which means you'll play each of the act 1 adventures in a given order and afterwards one of the act 2 adventures as the final. The campaign rules for Lair of the Wyrm can be found on the FFG page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vi Dang
msg tools
MattCas wrote:
dangitsvi wrote:
[..] Also, Do the expansions still play 8 quest campaigns?

I suggest you'll have a look at some of the campaign trackers in the download section. They should show you everything you need to know about the structure of each campaign.

But here are some infos:
Both of the big box extensions (Labyrinth and Nerekhall) each contain a campaign of 9 quests (Introduction, 3x Act 1, Interlude, 3x Act 2, Final), but their quest selection rules differ from the ones in the Shadow Rune campaign.

But by throwing in one or more of the smaller extensions or the monster packs, you'll add rumour cards, which add some additional quests to the campaign. That usually means 1 more quest (rumour quests) in Act 1 and 2. I guess you actually could add even more rumour quests (up to 3 per act?) but I wouldn't consider that case for a first implementation...
Well, those rumour quests are optional and they don't count against the 3 quests per act rule. But as always the winner choses the next quest and the outcome of the act 1 quest decides which of the available rumour quests of act 2 will be available.

The small box extensions can either be played as rumour quests in a campaign or as a mini campaign, which means you'll play each of the act 1 adventures in a given order and afterwards one of the act 2 adventures as the final. The campaign rules for Lair of the Wyrm can be found on the FFG page.

Thanks, that helped to clarify things. I might be able to make it so you can choose which campaign you're playing when creating a new campaign, and it will set a new quest log layout with different options.

I'll try to add the expansions when I have time. I've been out of school and out of work for too long, so I'm focusing more time on my job search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elder Basilisk
msg tools
Now that I've had a chance to look at it: it's a great interface and is excellent for the base game but needs to include expansions and an option totype in new info. When im playing a custom campaign or an expansion you haven't gotten to yet, id like to be able to enter the quest names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vi Dang
msg tools
Thanks for your input!

I'm working on an update right now. So far I've added a note pad in so you can type in any extra stuff I missed, and I've added the feature to select either a custom campaign or the shadow rune campaign when you create a new campaign.

I just need to figure out how to allow you type in you're own quests and I can publish the update.

Right after that I'm adding all the heroes and classes I can find. I just got the labyrinth of ruin expansion so those Items and relics will be added in as well.

edit: first update is live

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great app idea, and your implementation is very good so far. Echoing what the other posters have said, once you have implemented all of the expansion content, this will be THE must have app for all Descent players.

I am one of the players that has all of the things. If ever you need any specific information that you cannot find elsewhere, please PM me and I will help in any way I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Kopciuch
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm liking this app as well. I also have everything and want to see an update. We rarely play the base game anymore.

I also detest ads. Charge a couple of bucks and get rid of the ads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vi Dang
msg tools
Thanks for checking it out!

I just got a ton of info from percepter, and I'm in process of adding it in. I'm working on adding items, relics, heroes, and overlord cards from all the expansions right now. After I get it mostly usable for expansions, I'll add a ad removal option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maeglin Corleone
msg tools
Downloaded the app for my first campaign as overlord. (only have the descent 2 basegame and lair of the wyrm so far)

Seems to work quite well although because of the adds I have misclicked a few times which is annoying.

*edited after some more use.

Why do all the basic starting gear have the "sold" description?

And is it also possible to have instead of per character gold a "gold per party" tracker? I now just write everything down on the first player.

Last question, are all the side quests in there? And I now keep track of the rumor cards in notes but that is not possible anywhere else?

Thanks again and kudos on making the app!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.