Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan» Forums » General

Subject: Availability! - updated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Hound
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This game seems to be pretty much unavailable at this point.

If anyone knows where you can get a reasonably priced copy of this game please geekmail me, thanks.

Update

It turns out that I was wrong. Despite the fact that the site shows none in stock, they still have some of the found cache left. I contacted GMT directly, and now have one beautiful copy on the way (they're asking $69).

I have no idea how many they still have left, but it can't hurt to try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Hurricane
Utah
flag msg tools
Re: Availability?
You might give this idea a shot:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1306131/some-copies-sti...

Otherwise, I have been told by both GMT games and the designer Matt Calkins that it will get reprinted this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Hound
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luvmywife wrote:
You might give this idea a shot:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1306131/some-copies-sti...

Otherwise, I have been told by both GMT games and the designer Matt Calkins that it will get reprinted this year.

The site has no copies - that was the second place I looked. Good to hear it's going to be reprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Peterson
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I can read lips.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the P500 page of the GMT website and get your order in if you like. You can also check the status of the game there and how many standing orders there are. Seeing as there are only 116 orders as of this post, it might be a while. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
119!

sigh...

man, i really want this game.

not paying $125 on ebay though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Krause
Germany
flag msg tools
Would like to get my P500 in but I'm not in possession of a credit card, so I'm stuck not being able to order, which frankly sucks. Sekigahara seems like a great game, but getting a copy is not an option right now (unless you'd consider buying from overpriced sellers out there)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
Coleburn wrote:
Would like to get my P500 in but I'm not in possession of a credit card, so I'm stuck not being able to order, which frankly sucks. Sekigahara seems like a great game, but getting a copy is not an option right now (unless you'd consider buying from overpriced sellers out there)

you can pay by check

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Coleburn wrote:

If you contact the office, I'll bet they let you order and pay by check when it's ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Krause
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you, I'll consider that option!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hound wrote:

Update

It turns out that I was wrong. Despite the fact that the site shows none in stock, they still have some of the found cache left. I contacted GMT directly, and now have one beautiful copy on the way (they're asking $69).

I have no idea how many they still have left, but it can't hurt to try!

THIS!!

I emailed GMT support initially to see if they had any Paths of Glory mounted maps available and they emailed me back the next day saying that, in fact, they did! So I figured, "what the hell, can't hurt" and emailed support again asking if they had any available copies of Sekigahara. I was again promptly emailed back saying that they, in fact, DID have a few copies left and, like The Hound stated, charged me the $69 retail price (which I of course paid without hesitation).

So if you're still looking and don't mind paying the retail price I STRONGLY suggest emailing GMT support!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup - I just ordered a copy as well. They still have a few left as of yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mine arrived today!

(along with a paths of glory mounted map!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reemer wrote:
119!

sigh...

They don't always wait for pre-orders to reach 500. Games which are in high demand from stores etc. may be reprinted anyway. I'm guessing this game and Here I Stand are two of the games which will be reprinted even if they don't reach 500 pre-orders. After all, they are respectively #8 and #5 wargames on BGG. It's all up to GMT, of course, but they have recently reprinted Twilight Struggle, Paths of Glory, lots of Combat Commander and Command & Colors Ancients stuff... I think Sekigahara and Here I Stand, together with COIN reprints, will have high priority at the moment.

Edit: For the People and Washington's War were also recently reprinted. Washington's War never reached more than 245 pre-orders. Normandy 44 is just around the corner, at 450 pre-orders. Wilderness War is planned for May, at only 26 pre-orders! Surely, Sekigahara's time will come too, sooner or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Hound
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reemer wrote:
mine arrived today!

Mine arrived too! I've already gotten in a few games, and I'm just blown away by how good it is. As in, top 3 games I've ever played, good.

Get it while you still can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chupa Kun
United Kingdom
London or Cambridge
flag msg tools
Are they currently available? Or are the rest of us still waiting on the P500 reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my advice: email gmt customer support and ask if they have any remaining copies. i got both sekigahara and the paths of glory mounted board - both are marked as "out of stock" on the website - by asking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Rood
United States
Palm Beach Gardens
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine shipped today! Very much looking forward to playing this. Thanks everyone for the heads up on availability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished chatting with GMT. They had the game and are shipping today! Thanks for this thread - I would not have known it otherwise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.