Subject: New boardgame cafe in Exeter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new board game cafe in Exeter, on South Street, near the local branck of KFC. The owner is very friendly and came up with good recommendations for toddler games. There's also decent looking cakes and some good beers and coffee. If you're in the area it's worth checking it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What sort of range of games do they have - are they BGG style or the more normal fare? How does the cafe work - is there a charge per time, or per game or a flat rate entry or is it free? Is there much table space?

Details please! I loved Thirsty Meeples in Oxford, and Exeter is a lot closer (we're in Cornwall) so if it was even a quarter as good I'd be delighted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerrison
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3.50 cover charge for 3 hours last I checked. Games are a good mix of mainstream (risk, monopoly, cluedo) and more bgg esque picks, such as small world, 7 wonders, and there's even a copy of arkham horror I think. Tables are a decent size for most games, but it's not a huge place so at busy times you might need to book ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's 4 big tables plus also a coffee table and you can book a table for a given time. They have a facebook page under BoardExeter I think.

As Andy said, the range of games is mainly BGG-esque but with also Cluedo, Pass the Bomb and others.

For the bgg type games, they have (from memory) Last Will, Arkham, TtR, Tsuro, Coup, Battlestar Galactica, Pandemic, Forbidden Desert or Island. And many others I have forgotten about.

There is also some official gaming nights at the Clifton Road game store, on Tuesday nights, and there's a bit more space there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/BoardExeter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.