1 , 2  Next »   | 

Conan» Forums » News

Subject: Conan/Blood Rage crossover, question from a broke guy. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Zaytzev
Russia
flag msg tools
As some of you probably know, on Tuesday Guillotine Games and Monolith announced that the Nordheim Expansion for Conan will include a new scenario, incorporating the miniatures from Blood Rage boardgame, which is currently tearing through stretch goals on Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...
The update reads: “...if you purchase the Nordheim Expansion, on top of the 4 scenarios previously announced, you’ll get a 5th scenario that takes advantage of the miniatures you’ll have if you’re a backer of the Blood Rage Kickstarter campaign”. My question is, does anybody know, will this 5th scenario (along with cards that should go with it) be included in the retail version of the Nordheim Expansion, or solely in the version, ordered as part of Kickstarter campaign?
I love the idea of this boardgame crossover, but I simply cannot afford to back both Conan and Blood Rage and immediately buy expansions on top of all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same boat here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand it will be included in the nordheim expansion box, there is no reason to think it wouldnt be included in the retail version of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andvary wrote:
As some of you probably know, on Tuesday Guillotine Games and Monolith announced that the Nordheim Expansion for Conan will include a new scenario, incorporating the miniatures from Blood Rage boardgame, which is currently tearing through stretch goals on Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...
The update reads: “...if you purchase the Nordheim Expansion, on top of the 4 scenarios previously announced, you’ll get a 5th scenario that takes advantage of the miniatures you’ll have if you’re a backer of the Blood Rage Kickstarter campaign”. My question is, does anybody know, will this 5th scenario (along with cards that should go with it) be included in the retail version of the Nordheim Expansion, or solely in the version, ordered as part of Kickstarter campaign?
I love the idea of this boardgame crossover, but I simply cannot afford to back both Conan and Blood Rage and immediately buy expansions on top of all that.

I think you answered your own question right there. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wouldn't assume that any cards are included - they certainly don't say that they are.

This fifth scenario could simply be one piece of paper with the required stats on it, maybe with a link to where you can download card pdfs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zaytzev
Russia
flag msg tools
Maybe you are right and I worry too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Shepherd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you need/get tiles for the monsters aas well as the scenario?

Really liking those miniatures...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went all-in for Conan and there just is no money left. I'm a little disappointed that Monoloith went this direction to be honest. I paid a premium to satisfy completionism and that's gone now even before the pledge manager for for Conan is up. I'm not devastated (hey, the possibility for new content is taking nothing material away), just a little disappointed (and I admit the completionism is on me to struggle with!).

I am hoping that it's possible to proxy the miniatures for this scenario and that that will be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Shepherd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
I went all-in for Conan and there just is no money left. I'm a little disappointed that Monoloith went this direction to be honest. I paid a premium to satisfy completionism and that's gone now even before the pledge manager for for Conan is up. I'm not devastated (hey, the possibility for new content is taking nothing material away), just a little disappointed (and I admit the completionism is on me to struggle with!).

I am hoping that it's possible to proxy the miniatures for this scenario and that that will be enough.

And presumably the minis will be in the retail version, so you can catch up later even if you cant get in on the kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:

This is how I feel too. I'm not a huge fan of these crossovers between kick starters. It would be nice if they offered something like this in the pledge manager rather then keeping it exclusive to the new blood rage kick starter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I will wait and see how much my group likes Conan before going out and picking up a crossover game. I like that it can do it as I like crossover games. My favorite right now is C3K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Sebastien Fortin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll probably just print cardboard stan-in for the Bloodrage miniatures like the print-and play... I don't have much time to do boardgames, so I'm not going to buy a new one without being able to test it out first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christo Lockxxx
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am torn. One the one hand, I like anymore content that becomes available.

But on the other hand, I really dislike having expansions that dont fit within the original box...so I have a lot of tackle boxes in my game library. When a cross over comes up (like this or the Dungeon Command units for the D&D Boardgames), I cant handle opening up other boxes to collect all the pieces together prior to playing. So, I ended up buying duplicates to remedy the example. Which of course is probably the publishers fault and not entirely mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this pisses me off a bit. As someone is in to Conan for about $350 already, it is more than a little annoying to learn that the Nordheim expansion will include a scenario I can't play just because I didn't back some other, unrelated game. Not cool Monolith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rockets
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a very cool thing.

It's not required to enjoy your Conan experience, but if at some point you grab Blood Rage as well - with those fantiastic Minis, you can bring them into your CONAN world right away.

I'm sure there will be lots of fan made Scenarios as well that will now use the Blood Rage minis - Just from the very nature of more people owning both games because of this.

Like mentioned above - Kemet / Cyclades has a cross-over - it's a seperate expansion to make it happen, But it's a great way to get the Minis on the table a little more, and more Variety / bang for the buck.

Of course - I would bet it increases backers to Blood Rage . . . and Why shouldn't it. Business is business.

NOW - I wonder if we will be getting crossovers into the Others 7 Sins grotesque world somehow. haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rockets
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VanMark wrote:
Yeah, this pisses me off a bit. As someone is in to Conan for about $350 already, it is more than a little annoying to learn that the Nordheim expansion will include a scenario I can't play just because I didn't back some other, unrelated game. Not cool Monolith.

Just put Masks on a few of the other 150 minis you're getting from Conan.

CAN'T is a pretty strong word in this case. Won't is more appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyrockets wrote:
Of course - I would bet it increases backers to Blood Rage . . . and Why shouldn't it. Business is business.

Of course it is...as is Mark expressing his displeasure with the decision as a customer to other customers on the site in which customers review products.

As I mentioned, I am not outraged myself, just disappointed for reasons both personal and more general.

We can agree that completionism is a personal issue with gamers like myself and no one else's issue to accommodate...but that same issue has also raised a lot of money for Conan in this KS, I would wager. I bet hundreds of times an extra $10 or $20 from backers could be justified for having it all - or all of a particular theme in this project. Now when we get to the point of a buy in for $75 for one scenario, it becomes a lot easier to justify saying "no" to that and perhaps other items as well. I think it weakens the business model overall and I want to see this Conan game succeed.

Nothing against people like yourself at all who like the tie in. That's my point - we can have different opinions on this and that's cool. I do like Cyclades and Kemet but, in fairness, they are from the same company, both at lower price points with a crossover expansiom which is quite inexpensive. You don't need the example, though; I think a lot of people are happy with this crossover so I will go with the flow and try to shove down my completionist impulses and make them behave! I'm such a supporter of 99% of everything else that Monolith did for this game and this Kickstarter that it would take a lot more than this to sour me totally. I remain a huge fan of them and can't wait to get the gamelan the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kanand
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
VanMark wrote:

It is free on top, so where is the problem? If they would say they cancel one of the four announced scenarios of the expansion to make a new 4th one which can only be played with the miniatures of Blood Rage I would totally agree, that would really piss me off. But actually they are just adding a not announced 5th scenario without raising the price of the expansion. Additional content for free. This is a nice move for all who supported Conan and want to back Blood Rage as well. All others supporters of Conan can proxy the miniatures, pick up Blood Rage at retail if they change their mind about it later or use the scenario as an impulse for own user made scenarios.

As far as I'm concerned I'm pretty happy with a move like that. Nothing to complain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll just buy it when it hits the open market. That crossover scenario will show up somewhere, sometime.

Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also not too fond of the crossovers. If they have enough time to work on new scenarios without delaying fulfillment, I would be more happy if they made scenarios for SG and addons, because these will probably lack scenarios.

If they make additional content (like overlord tiles or hero sheet) to be used with the Blood Rage minis and make this exclusive to Blood Rage KS backers, then I will be pretty pissed of, as this forces buying an unrelated game to play the additional scenario.

But if they just make a scenario available to anyone that uses materials from the Nordheim expansion and Blood Rage, then I'm okay with it. I can just proxy the minis from Blood Rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
côte-petit olivier
France
CAEN
flag msg tools
mb
giga wrote:
I'm also not too fond of the crossovers. If they have enough time to work on new scenarios without delaying fulfillment, I would be more happy if they made scenarios for SG and addons, because these will probably lack scenarios.

If they make additional content (like overlord tiles or hero sheet) to be used with the Blood Rage minis and make this exclusive to Blood Rage KS backers, then I will be pretty pissed of, as this forces buying an unrelated game to play the additional scenario.

But if they just make a scenario available to anyone that uses materials from the Nordheim expansion and Blood Rage, then I'm okay with it. I can just proxy the minis from Blood Rage.

I'd like to find minis as terrific to use as proxies.. if you have such an address ?

I won't backup Bloodrage 'cause I'm not conquered by the mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
“...if you purchase the Nordheim Expansion, on top of the 4 scenarios previously announced, you’ll get a 5th scenario that takes advantage of the miniatures you’ll have if you’re a backer of the Blood Rage Kickstarter campaign”

Just to be sure ... miniatures from the campaign does not mean SGs and KS exclusives, does it? If you can only use this 5th scenario with minis, which are not included in the retail version, this would really suck. Actually I wish, this 5th scenario would just be a simple download-goodie. Or that at least the minis could be bought separately. To be honest, I start hating exclusives for crowdfunding campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick bit of clarification is perhaps in order folks:

Monolith will be providing a scenario written by Frédéric Henry(maybe more if we can coax him out of his man cave to ask) That uses the models from blood rage.

This scenario will be available for download from our website along with the overlord tokens and character sheets needed. They will also be available on the digital companion app.

The reason you'll need the Nordheim expansion is because this scenario will take place on that board!

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamie for the clarification!

I'm very glad you chose to release the scenario as PnP available to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:

Do you care so much about one scenario that you'd buy a full different game with stretch goals for it?

Retail version has already been suggested.

Another solution for now is to back Blood rage at $1 and at least have access to the pledge manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.