Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Pigeon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Conflict of Heroes the game that follows development of warfare from WWII to present day.

So, why are we still stuck in WWII? When can we expect to move forward in time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not until the current games and expansions that are in development are closer to release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually there is a lot left in WW2 that we are supposed to see including Normandy and Guadalcanal.

I'd like to see those too, before we move forward, but I have no idea what a realistic timeline is after the difficulty with the solo project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
I can tell you the latest as of a week ago as Uwe Eickert told me. Guadalcanal is coming up along with a re-print and updated version of 'Storms of Steel'. They are actually hoping to get those out simultaneously to save on shipping. Perhaps within the next 60 days.
Then its 'First men in' (Normandy drop). Along with this they are working on several other game era's including the 'Gettysburg'..

There are a number of others in the works as well, several of which I did the cover art for long since...so they definitely will be coming out eventually. Academy is a bit slow, but they want to make certain that you get top of the line quality in components and systems. They'll be worth the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Pigeon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks! I was looking at lock n load and Coh. While CoH is more appeling rule wise, lnl diversity of wars is more appealing theme wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steve paschal wrote:
I can tell you the latest as of a week ago as Uwe Eickert told me. Guadalcanal is coming up along with a re-print and updated version of 'Storms of Steel'. They are actually hoping to get those out simultaneously to save on shipping. Perhaps within the next 60 days.
Then its 'First men in' (Normandy drop). Along with this they are working on several other game era's including the 'Gettysburg'..

There are a number of others in the works as well, several of which I did the cover art for long since...so they definitely will be coming out eventually. Academy is a bit slow, but they want to make certain that you get top of the line quality in components and systems. They'll be worth the wait.

How substantial will the updating of Storms of Steel be? Will it make my 1st edition obsolete the way my 1st Ed. Awakening the Bear is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oneoldgamer wrote:

How substantial will the updating of Storms of Steel be? Will it make my 1st edition obsolete the way my 1st Ed. Awakening the Bear is?

I'm curious to know as well, as the second edition of Awakening The Bear negated it's predecessor, however Storm of Steel carried over the rules which were rolled into second ATB game. The bigger question is, will there be new maps (not just artwork) / new content rolled into the 2nd edition which will be exclusive? Is an "upgrade" pack possible (new scenarios & new map boards)? Just some thoughts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.