Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Grewal
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you guys think this is trending, will it reach all the stretch goals? It looks a little iffy to me. I've already pledged for the special edition.

The most important stretch goal for me is the solo variant, and that looks well within reach. But is anyone else concerned that having variation in some tile art but not all might effect the look of the overall game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
It is hard to predict where the game will go. I do think we will hit at least the $225K mark. Hitting the solo goal is a given.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably would be odd if some of the tiles are varied while others are not. Stonemaier Games has a good track record for making good decisions, so I have every confidence that regardless of the final funding, the game will be in good shape.

That said, I can't imagine that Between Two Cities will fall short of the $250k stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hykes
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickspy says Between Two Cities is trending for just a little shy of $275,000 at the moment. The stretch goals should be hit with little trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Grewal
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archive77 wrote:
Kickspy says Between Two Cities is trending for just a little shy of $275,000 at the moment. The stretch goals should be hit with little trouble.

That's good to hear. They need to double the current funding in 1.5 weeks. I haven't been very active on Kickstarter, do campaigns tend to get a late push as they approach stretch goals or do they see most of their activity early on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stickland
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'd be very upset to recieve the game with the tile art only half upgraded but they have indicated in the Kickstarter comments that they'll try to work something out to make sure the art is all upgraded even if we fall a little shy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
grewal1980 wrote:
Archive77 wrote:

That's good to hear. They need to double the current funding in 1.5 weeks. I haven't been very active on Kickstarter, do campaigns tend to get a late push as they approach stretch goals or do they see most of their activity early on?

Lots of games get a lot of funding in the final 48 hours. The notices goes out to those that were on the fence when it first came out. And many people see how far they have gone and get more excited. One recent KS I was in received 20% of its total funding in the last 2 days alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Lots of games get a lot of funding in the final 48 hours. The notices goes out to those that were on the fence when it first came out. And many people see how far they have gone and get more excited. One recent KS I was in received 20% of its total funding in the last 2 days alone.

I expect that all the B2C stretch goals will be achieved. Even if we don't get to $225K, I expect that Stonemaier will give us the varied art for all building types, since a mix of varied and uniform art would look silly.

I am certainly among those who expect a lot of funding in the last few days of the KS. There is a KS pattern of a funding frenzy at the start, a lull in the middle, and then another frenzy at the end.

For a recent example of this pattern, consider the KS for Spirits of the Rice Paddy, which finished about a month ago.

Quote:
If we rank the days of the campaign in terms of funding, the last two days were the most successful.
1. Feb 9: $9,930.
2. Feb 8: $9,471.
3. Jan 9: $9,305 on this, the first complete day of the Kickstarter.
4. Feb 7: 6,495.
5. Jan 10: 4,548.

Almost half the funding came from those top 5 days: the first 2, and the last 3. No other day saw more than $4,000 of funding, and most of the 31 days saw less than $2,000.

The numbers for B2C are rather larger, but I expect the pattern to be similar. I say similar, not identical. I'm not predicting that each of the last two days of the B2C campaign will beat the first day ($69,102)! But I do expect that the last three days combined to beat that fairly comfortably.

If we add $70K+ for the last few days to the almost $140K we're at right now, that would leave us just $15K short of the highest varied art stretch goal. There are 8 days left in the mid-campaign lull before we start the 3-day sprint for the finish line. Funding would have to drop below $2K/day during those 8 days for us to miss the $225K stretch goal.

By the way, B2C is a rather short KS. That makes sense, given that the game and its publisher had good momentum before the KS even opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.