Subject: Team Play - Multiple Diplomacy Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canadian Home Gamer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about multiple diplomacy tokens in team play;

If I have two diplomacy tokens, and from the rules it is pretty clear that I must use one of them. My question is if I can use the second one at the same time? (and a result there is no tokens taken this round) Or is my only option is to let it roll over to the next age?

The reason I ask is that from the FAQ on Repos website (http://rprod.com/uploads/FAQ_USA_7W.pdf) it says that (my rewording) if my opponent and I each have a diplomacy token there is no conflict. This would imply that two diplomacy tokens can be applied to a singe conflict in team play, could they both be from by board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that only you, and not your whole team is safe from war with diplomacy, so you you are out of conflict, your team mate isn't.

and in the case that you have 2 or more tokens, i played that you can "store" one to next round...

reading the faq:
Quote:
Q: During a team game, two players which should face each other
both have a Diplomacy token. How is the conflict resolved?
A: Both players get no tokens for the conflict.

See? Both players is out of conflict not both teams.. so the rest of the team goes to war as usual!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canadian Home Gamer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that my teammate is still in war (but against a different opponent). I just want to know if I have the option to use both diplomacy tokens and reduce it to no conflict tokens, or if I can only use one diplomacy (reducing it to one conflict token) and MUST save the other one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I get your point know..

I think that you cannot use two diplomacy token in a single resolution phase...

so i'd call that you "store" one of them to next age...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-Effe IV
msg tools
mb
I would instead say that you are forced to use the diplomacy tokens, up to 2 per age. If you and your opponent have more than 2 together at any given age, then you keep the rest for the next age if possible (doesn't matter who keeps it/them). I do not have the rules near me, but I clearly remember that in regular games, you cannot keep a diplomacy token for later unless you have more than one (for instance, you cannot build a token in age II and keep it for age III, you have to use it in age II, unless you have more than one, in which case you keep the extra for the next age), so I would apply the same ruling in team games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Kazimierczuk
Poland
Sulejówek
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it is impossible to discard more than one diplomacy token for a player in the same age. Note that unlike normal play, in team play it is impossible to get a conflict conveyed to another player, should the earlier one have been able to avoid it somehow.
The only option to avoid (and not to transfer) a conflict resolution in team play is when both warring neighbours possess diplo tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.