Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Auerochs
Germany
Nuremberg - Nürnberg
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Gil...

... In the solo game, you will play against a dummy player that is controlled by the game.

The dummy player acts according to the following rules:
You take turns with the dummy player to place an Influence card on one of the game boards.
At the beginning of the Bidding phase, shuffle the Influence cards of the dummy player.
On its turn, draw a Newspaper card and turn it face-up. The bottom of this card indicates the space on which the dummy player will place its bid. Draw the next Influence card from its hand without looking at it and place it on the space indicated by the Newspaper card. Then discard the Newspaper card.

For me it was really surprising to see how competitive the bids of the dummy felt, sometimes more than playing against a real player.

But be aware: Some people here complain that the thresholds for comparing your end score seems to be to low.
If you like a tougher game add 500 points to the thresholds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Auerochs
Germany
Nuremberg - Nürnberg
flag msg tools
designer
Although there is some kind of distribution value hidden in the numbers on the newspaper cards, your are right in the end: the dummy acts semi-randomly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Auerochs wrote:
Although there is some kind of distribution value hidden in the numbers on the newspaper cards, your are right in the end: the dummy acts semi-randomly.

Although, my dummy player must have some sorcery in him/her as they always seem to bid on what I want to go for, forcing me to use more cards. Also, every time I upgrade my hand, so do they!

It is a very satisfying solitaire experience - one of the better ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.