Subject: Attack Wing AI coming soon! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Cazin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Within the next few months I will be releasing an AI browser based program for Attack Wing. If this is something that interests you please comment and let me know. There will be a limited number of ships available for most factions with more to be release at a later date. Here are a few pictures of what it will look like. Thanks!

• [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ward
msg tools
Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested and Subscribed to this thread.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis Wong
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks very interesting, looking forward to trying it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You officially have my attention...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Richter
United States
Ruskin
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looks great. Definitely interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me. I look forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McCarney
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Intrigued
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facinating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dulsky
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you doing any sort of AI learning mechanic? If so have you considered what sort of variables you will use in your heuristic algorithms?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Neumann
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! We are eager to know more and help. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick4jc wrote:
Within the next few months I will be releasing an AI browser based program for Attack Wing. If this is something that interests you please comment and let me know. There will be a limited number of ships available for most factions with more to be release at a later date. Here are a few pictures of what it will look like. Thanks!

Is the purpose to act as an opponent in concert with a regular board or is it designed to play games over the internet or is it designed to play the games inside the program?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest version I had access to is essentially an AI dial setter. You still need physical components to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
The latest version I had access to is essentially an AI dial setter. You still need physical components to play

Close enough for me. Sold.

Montgomery Scott wrote:
"Huh. Synthetic scotch, synthetic commanders."

Now synthetic opponents. Want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bueckert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's a computerized player who decides where to move with more skill than the sort of "AI" involved in the Destroy the Scimitar mission. I like that idea. And the idea is certainly within the reach of modern computerized games (or so it seems to me). But working the game theory out might take money and a big team. Of course you don't have to build an opponent that can beat the best players, just a decent (or even a semi-decent) opponent. I guess the bar is not that high. Still quite an achievement though. You will need to (presumably) have all the ships positions entered into the game at the start and move them both on the board and in the game? Otherwise how could the AI decide where to move it's ship(s)?

The advantage of "chess" in computer games is that the positions have a fixed position on the board where in STAW we move on an open board which is hard to represent in a computerized form.

Or am I still not getting it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Cazin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The AI program has each ships movements entered in already. Each round you gauge distance and direction of the players ship. The AI then decides how the computer ship will move. It's not exact science but I have had some fun games and the AI usually gets it right. No AI learning mechanic. Actions are also listed in order of use. It is exactly like the X-Wing AI that is available now but has had a few adjustments to give more options and an added dice roller. I am working out movement issues right now and trying to get at least 5 ships for each faction. I am hoping to have it done by end of the month. It will of course be free to use. After release I will try to make it more mobile friendly and eventually get an app going.
We us the program a lot to play cooperatively. I do play solo a lot as I struggle to find people to play with. This is a project that was only intended for my use but I wanted to make it available for all. By no means do I want this to become a business. It is strictly for my STAW family.
Sorry it took my so long to reply. I have been traveling for work and unable to follow up. I will keep you updated on my progress. Here are a few more pictures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Flatman
United Kingdom
Llandudno
Conwy
flag msg tools
Awesome! I'm a physics student, we tend to model systems in python and other languages. Finding it hard to find the time to play with friends I had just had the thought to write a program like this.

However I'm normally so busy during the year pet projects never get any attention. This looks amazing! Can't wait to give it a try!

Keep up the great work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridge Works
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Very interested in this, have you made any progress?

When you do release it, will you be making it available to download? I'd love to host a copy on my own website for everyone to use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Smith
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
NO. NO DOWNLOADS.

Please keep it browser based. I'm getting sick and tired of not being able to use software like SpaceDock because I use PCs and have a Windows phone.

But it looks cool. Great concept. Helps for those evenings where everyone is busy and your sitting at home twiddling your thumbs. However the meta here is that if you're not Federation, you're an off faction like independent or Ferengi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.