Popular Tags: [View All]
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I know I can subscribe to users, but I don't want to get a message every time they post to a forum, only when they start a new Review thread.

It would be cool if we could subscribe to users in that way as there are some reviewers where I would enjoy reading their reviews when they offer them, but there is no process, that I know of, where I would be notified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:
Hi,

I know I can subscribe to users, but I don't want to get a message every time they post to a forum, only when they start a new Review thread.

It would be cool if we could subscribe to users in that way as there are some reviewers where I would enjoy reading their reviews when they offer them, but there is no process, that I know of, where I would be notified.

Not sure if there is currently an existing way in the subscriptions implementation...

But, the immediate work-around that came to my mind:
If it is a regular reviewer (which I imagine it would be, given you are following their reviews), suggest to them that they maintain a geeklist of their reviews. Subscribe to the "items" of that geeklist, and you'll be notified whenever they post a new review. Video reviewers do that all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Yours Truly, but unfortunately these are not prolific reviewers. These are reviewers who might publish a review every year or two (or three).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
You can subscribe to my reviews here.

[Roger's Reviews] The Complete Collection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you subscribe to a thing (including users), you can customize that subscription. You should be able to use that to only subscribe to, say, videos posted by that user.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
When you subscribe to a thing (including users), you can customize that subscription. You should be able to use that to only subscribe to, say, videos posted by that user.

If it were video reviews, it would be problem solved. Unfortunately, it is written reviews, and then I would have to subscribe to all threads started by a user, not just their review threads.

What I'd like is to be able to customize it further, so that I can choose which threads to subscribe to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:

But one of the options in the filter is for "forum posts" of which reviews are a subset. A video isn't necessarily a review. You could have a video of geek X playing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.