Saint Petersburg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why do cards like Weaving Mill show 2 coins rather than one rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
Doe this make a difference in the game?

Weaving Mill has two "3" coins next to each other rather than a single "6" coin like some other cards. What, if any, impact does this have in the game?

Does it mean it pays "3" in the Worker phase and "3" in the buildings phase?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
It pays 6 coins in the Green worker phase.

I suspect the main reason is because it's easier to count your coins and multiply by three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
ousgg wrote:
It pays 6 coins in the Green worker phase.

I suspect the main reason is because it's easier to count your coins and multiply by three.

Hi.

Thanks for the first pat of your answer and I confess to being too thick to understand the second part of your answer.

Different cards have singled coins of value 1-6, but there are a few with 2 3 coins side-by-side.

How should I understand your second answer in terms of a single "2" or "4" coin? YOu could represent "4" by a single "4" or by 2 "2"s.

I really don't understand the multipy by three part. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it makes no difference to the game whatsoever, but nearly every green card (except Czar & Carpenter) has an income of 3. During Green income, pretty much everyone I've played with just tallies their coins and multiplies by 3 to find their income. If you throw 4s and other numbers into that calculation, you slow down the income phase.

Well, that's my assertion, anyway. It might be that the printer ran out of templates, I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
Ah. Now I understand your comment.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.